Andres Iniesta

Henry_IB

Banned
All English movies in Spain are voice-overs. Over here, only kids movies get dubbed but for some reason Spanish people can still enjoy a movie that way. I find it kinda ridiculous.
Last time I was in Barcelona there were ads everywhere for The Hunger Games -> Los Juegos del Hambre :lol:

No wonder Spanish people speak terrible English.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
No they take out all the sound and put Spanish voices over them. It's still ridiculous. I saw a movie in Barcelona once and like when someone's lips have stopped moving the Spanish voice keeps talking etc.. :lol: it's so weird.
How is it not dubbing!?

JonM

How is it not dubbing!?

It's dubbing but you don't hear the english voice. They also time the spanish/french/etc voice with the movement of the lips.

It's not so bad. It works well for a drama or an action movie, but not so much for a comedy because many jokes are hard or impossible to translate.

And Eddie Murphy's french voice is better than his real voice :lol:

Henry_IB

Banned
It's dubbing but you don't hear the english voice. They also time the spanish/french/etc voice with the movement of the lips.

It's not so bad. It works well for a drama or an action movie, but not so much for a comedy because many jokes are hard or impossible to translate.

And Eddie Murphy's french voice is better than his real voice :lol:

Epic fail. Let me walk you through this.

1: Aryagorn asked why barcelona players are so bad at English when they apparently watch a lot of English films, he wondered whether they were watching dubbed versions of them.

2: Galning replied to that saying it was voice overs in spanish films (he meant dubbing but for some reason said another term)

3: Aryagorn now asked Galning whether he meant voice overs as in if you could hear the orginial english audio first and it then being repated in Spanish by a translator.

4: Galning now replied "No they take out all the sound and put Spanish voices over them" which is basically saying it is dubbing but for some reason still doesn't call it dubbing

5: Aryagorn, I assume slightly frustrated, asked how "is it not dubbing?!"

6: You reply saying it is dubbing but you don't hear the english voice, which is sort of like saying "it is hot outside but not cold."

7: Dubbing = substitution of the voices of the actors shown on the screen. You all meant dubbing to start with.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

1: Aryagorn asked why barcelona players are so bad at English when they apparently watch a lot of English films, he wondered whether they were watching dubbed versions of them.

2: Galning replied to that saying it was voice overs in spanish films (he meant dubbing but for some reason said another term)

3: Aryagorn now asked Galning whether he meant voice overs as in if you could hear the orginial english audio first and it then being repated in Spanish by a translator.

4: Galning now replied "No they take out all the sound and put Spanish voices over them" which is basically saying it is dubbing but for some reason still doesn't call it dubbing

6: You reply saying it is dubbing but you don't hear the english voice, which is sort of like saying "it is hot outside but not cold."

7: Dubbing = substitution of the voices of the actors shown on the screen. You all meant dubbing to start with.
663906_o.gif

JonM

Me no speak english good. Watched too much dubbed movies when little.

Home of Barca Fans