Andres Iniesta

Hatem Ben Arfa

Iniesta is resting with Barcelona and gives his best for Spain.

At least that is how it appeared last season.

Hopefully it won't be the case this time around as he won't be in danger of missing a WC or Euro's this year if he gives his all and gets injured in the process.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Ivan Zamorano (ex-Real Madrid): "I would give the Ballon d'Or to Iniesta. Without him, Messi maybe wouldn't be the Messi we know." [laxarxa]
-------------

discuss.

I've always thought that Xavi was 2nd to Leo in the "best player in the world" rankings. With the Boss' tendinitis, it's hampered his effectiveness. Today, it's a fact that the Don is the 2nd best player on our team (all respect to Dani and Sergio) but to say that the Ballon d'Or should go to Iniesta on this basis I think is flawed. Iniesta should get the Ballon d'Or for being the best player from Jan to Dec, and I'm not sure that's the case. 2nd best, certainly. Best player for Spain in the EUROs, absolutely. Not sure that's enough.

Last edited:

Povikas

Brandon
tumblr_m9txjhLgcs1qdzgyco6_250.gif

:wub:

Maria

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Ivan Zamorano (ex-Real Madrid): "I would give the Ballon d'Or to Iniesta. Without him, Messi maybe wouldn't be the Messi we know." [laxarxa]
-------------

Without Messi, maybe Iniesta wouldn't have won the 2009/2010 La Liga or the 2011 CL..without Ramos maybe Iniesta wouldn't have won the EC this year and it would have been Portugal the one to make it in the final(and Cristiano would have definitely won the European Player of the Year Award).

discuss.

I've always thought that Xavi was 2nd to Leo in the "best player in the world" rankings. With the Boss' tendinitis, it's hampered his effectiveness. Today, it's a fact that the Don is the 2nd best player on our team (all respect to Dani and Sergio) but to say that the Ballon d'Or should go to Iniesta on this basis I think is flawed. Iniesta should get the Ballon d'Or for being the best player from Jan to Dec, and I'm not sure that's the case. 2nd best, certainly. Best player for Spain in the EUROs, absolutely. Not sure that's enough.

Sometimes it looks like footballers are the last to understand that this is a team sport in the end..and when we say that Messi is the best player in the world is because there isn't a single player in the world(apart from Cristiano) who can make the difference every week/even twice a week for his team.
And what bugs me the most is that they say that Messi without Xavi and Iniesta is nothing, but when we were having problems with winning the away games last season they were blaming Messi for not scoring. Not a single word was said against Iniesta after he missed great chances against Athletic last season or Osasuna, but everyone wanted to crucify Messi after the missed penalty against Sevilla. And the list can continue..in the end I think the expectations are different for every player and we just have to accept that.

jamrock

the difference isnt all about goals though, messi is special because he can do everything in the final 3rd of the pitch, not because he scores a goal are two then does jack else like ronaldo, thier as been many a game that iniesta made the difference week in week out without scoring or assisting. and he surely makes the difference when it really matters more than any football playing today or in a decade .

Meitux

there are many better players than iniesta technicaly and one of them is also kaka and many more,iniesta is all about bossing the game with his movements dribbling and assisting for me and thats difference he makes

M

mitkoa7x

there are many better players than iniesta technicaly and one of them is also kaka and many more,iniesta is all about bossing the game with his movements dribbling and assisting for me and thats difference he makes

It looks like Kaka has a better technique cuz he WAS always looking to go towards a player and beat him, Andres beats players only when he sees fit. His technique is one of the best in the business and better than Kaka's (IMHO).

Ursegor

World Champion
Kaka was all about pace, energy and directness. A bit like Steven Gerrard. Which is why he is not even half the player now after his injuries (likewise Gerrard because of age). Iniesta is natural talent (you never lose touch and technique) and game intelligence. Like Zidane (who still had it with 34).

Iniesta is the most naturally gifted player in the world. And I include Messi in that as well. Messi is still the better footballer of course. But when it comes to technique alone Iniesta is different class. Even Messi needs trickery to beat players. Like body swerves, feints, rapid change of directions, dropping the shoulder etc. Iniesta just glides past players. He keeps the ball glued to his feet and "walks" past defenders. It's pure technique. It can't get any purer.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

correct, that is why Zidane still had it at 34. TBH he still has it.

It is also the reason that Cristiano Ronaldo abilities will diminish when he gets older due to his game being based on pace, energy and directness. Although, Ronaldo is an insanely disciplined athelete so it is not inconceivable that he could be faster than most opponents when he is 34.

Home of Barca Fans