Andres Iniesta

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Iniesta played Xavi's role in the last match and quite good he was in that role... That's what I've been telling all the time, Iniesta could be our main play-maker after Xavi and there's no need to have the luxury of Cesc. Iniesta still is not there yet, but he's learning from the best there is!! Wait for it babies, we already have our '4'

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Receiving a standing ovation from the Vincente Calderon crowd for his magnificent performance for Spain last Saturday, Catalan sports paper Sport says FC Barcelona attacking midfielder Andres Iniesta has recovered his form again.

Out for four months, since the Champions League final in May, the player had just started playing again a few weeks ago, and was only back into Pep Guardiola’s starting eleven in the last few matches, using him sparingly for fear of a recurrence of his injury. The same precaution was taken by Spain until on Saturday, when del Bosque, Spain’s coach chose to start him.

Feeling mentally uplifted and physically fine after the friendly match, the midfielder believes that all he need now is match consistency: “I am slowly improving. It is just a question of maintaining the rhythm”. And he insists on playing in Barcelona’s next three crucial matches: “Now we have got three very good matches coming, those of Bilbao, Inter and Madrid and it is necessary to keep that momentum going”.

Asked about if he would give everything up to win the World Cup, as was voiced by Barcelona teammate, Argentine Lionel Messi, Iniesta said his wish is “to win everything with Barca while at the same time try to win the World Cup with the national team. I am not going to differentiate matters”.

Touching on the match against a very hard tackling Argentina team, the player admitted to being cautious so as not to be injured again: “For example, there was a move Coloccini made from behind me, and when I saw him I quickly jumped. Luckily he didn’t touch me! In football there are no friendly matches. The referee must have took action (against him). Had this been an official match, the matter would have been viewed differently”.

Spain will continue with their friendly match calendar on Wednesday against Austria in Vienna.

diegomessi

if he scored gols or could finish he would be the best in the world. and one of the best i have seen

his skills are godlike however

diegomessi

yea i know i was just giving my opinion i admire iniesta as a person more then any other athlete

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Agree with you beef, Andres really hasn't found form yet. When he's playing well you don't need to sit and analyse his performance, because you know when he's played well, he blows you away. He's really below par right now.

beef-supreme

Yeah it could be that he just hasn't been thrown into the right environment, Barca aren't hot right now and perhaps that's what Iniesta needs to get going again! I don't believe that Iniesta is the type of player who turns games or carries teams. So instead he needs to fit in and then display his potential. He did effectively turn our CL campaign with his goal, but the same can be said of Arruabarena vs. Inter, so I don't think goals qualify players to be game-turners.

Home of Barca Fans