Andres Iniesta

SeloBarca

Wouldnt blame 3-1 on Iniesta only. He had it under control. Masch was more at fault for bullrushing straight into Iniesta.

L

linetty

Busquets looks nothing like himself as well.

We lost the game in midfield. Couldn't properly transit the ball from defence to attack. So many dispossesions.

I hope Rafinha gets a shot now and stays injury free.

Frodo_FCB

Iniesta was disappointing today, i was expecting to step up for this game, he always does in big games.
Lets hope his injury is not smth serious

Kerrybai

There is a difference between declining and coming off your peak. Iniesta coming off his peak is normal but to be plummeting like this is odd, decline really seemed like the most suitable term to use. Lets hope he gets his shit together, our attack is too good to be let down by our average midfield.

Barcilliant

Unless we get another midfielder we're fucked. Iniesta is declining and there's no debate about it.

Problem is he's living off past glory just like the others from the Pep era.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Been saying it for a while now but can't be happy to be proven right.
Our old midfield is finished. Iniesta included. We've been watching a slow demise since 2012 when Pep left failing to motivate the
team (his words). Same as he left Barca once he started declining
himself. Right there and then we needed to make a revolution.
Still, Xavi has an excuse, he was 32 when it started. Busi and Iniesta however...
Sad days.

blaugrana1987

Sadly I think he is declinging rapidly. At 30yrs he can and will pit great performance but not every week in and out that we need.

Our midfield has become our greatest demise unfortunately...when Iniesta-Bus-Xavi where in good condition first half we were holding on(but not dominating like we are used to) in midfield. As soon as Messi was moved forward and they couldnt pass him we were done for the night.

SeloBarca

Yea, our decline in midfield in recent years is just as big part of our bad performance as our defence.
Xavi and Iniesta have always been the "core". The ones to start an attack, create and deliver. They were the true masters of tikitaka.
Xavi and Iniesta decling is like taking the wheels away from a car. The rest of the parts are there, but its not moving.
Unfortunally, nothing we have tried have been able to replace it, but the wheels are needed to get the car moving again.
Thiago, Cesc, Rafinha, Roberto, Rakitic. Noone of them are at that level.
Messi is the closest we have to Iniesta, but theres no Xavi.

I would also spend a whole damn season with the team training running and sprinting to get this team moving. WTH is up with this walking? Do they really expect the oponents to open up clear passages without any movement?
Its like watching a bunch of sheep.

blaugrana1987

Actually we ran as much as they have its just an illusion. We are pressing disorganized so it looks as if we are not running but truth is, while some are walking others do twice the work and leave space to exploit and they overrun us.

Irish_Cules

Really weird to see him make a mistake like that. I don't think I've ever seen him do anything like that before. Mascherano was a bit rash also but Don has to take most of the responsibility.

Home of Barca Fans