Andres Iniesta

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
We'll be in so much trouble next season, if the transfer ban still stands. La Masia is definitely the best youth academy in the world, and I'm sure we have some upcoming world class players, but until that happens, we should get one or two players who can ease the transition from the likes of Xavi and Iniesta to a new era. I hope the club realises this before shit hits the fan.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
This is the last train for Roberto and an important one for Rafinha, considering Iniesta is injured and on poor form... If they are going to impress and cement their place here now is the chance to do it, hopefully Lucho sees it the same way and gives them enough chances...

ricknattery

Really weird to see him make a mistake like that. I don't think I've ever seen him do anything like that before. Mascherano was a bit rash also but Don has to take most of the responsibility.

Mascherano had to run towards the ball because at some point it looked as if Iniesta was gonna be overrun by Isco. His mistake was down to his poor physical form, he could barely keep with the pace, he had no clue what else was going around him

MagIX

the truth is that the soccer evolves, as well as roles in the field evolves....

Nowadays the characteristics of the midfielder has changed.
Nowadays the best midfielders have a creative role and, at the same time and same importance, also a defensive role.
When it comes to creativity, Iniesta and Xavi are (were ?) amazing..... but nowadays is no longer enough. Defensively, Iniesta and Xavi are very poor, worth less than zero.
With Iniesta and Xavi in midfield we have a BIG hole in supporting the defense (Xaviesta are extremly slow, lightweights, aerial game less than zero,...).
In opponent counterattacks, there is always a big hole between the midfield and the defense. Vs big team this is deadly.

L

linetty

Official: Tests this morning have confirmed Iniesta has a calf injury, it's not clear if he will be available for the next games

Frodo_FCB

He just shouldn't play with Xavi and Busi in the same time anymore, because all the workrate is lost and no one of them can press.

Home of Barca Fans