Andres Iniesta

BerkeleyBernie

Once again a non-factor today... I think Xavi is playing better than him right now...

Pssheesh...no more than a non-factor than anyone else on the pitch. Barça created a handful of real chances, and Iniesta was a part of a few of them.

The one thing I saw which I don't think Iniesta would have done in the past is run down the left channel and pass it ahead to Neymar, finding a dead end. In the past, he would have been more likely to circulate the ball back towards the middle. I think this is part of Lucho's game of getting it to the forwards and letting them try their hand at creating. However, given Malaga's compact defense today, it was basically a dead-end.

Maybe Barça should have gone a bit more with "sideways passing" today to see if they could draw Malaga out. However, given their lead, that might have been a futile exercise.

G

Gasgas

he shouldn't be playing.

rafinha - rakitic is my midfield
Agreed, i really think he is playing because he is iniesta not because of his form

Pssheesh...no more than a non-factor than anyone else on the pitch. Barça created a handful of real chances, and Iniesta was a part of a few of them.

The one thing I saw which I don't think Iniesta would have done in the past is run down the left channel and pass it ahead to Neymar, finding a dead end. In the past, he would have been more likely to circulate the ball back towards the middle. I think this is part of Lucho's game of getting it to the forwards and letting them try their hand at creating. However, given Malaga's compact defense today, it was basically a dead-end.

Maybe Barça should have gone a bit more with "sideways passing" today to see if they could draw Malaga out. However, given their lead, that might have been a futile exercise.
Are you an iniesta apologetic?

Leo_Messi

Iniesta is quite frankly a shadow of his former self. I think that he has regressed more than Xavi which says it all.

It's a shame because our midfield is already our weakest point in the team (IMO) and a old Iniesta could have added so much to the team. Unfortunately it seems that we won't see this at all this season unless he picks himself up.

Its sad that at the age of 30 when he should be controlling games with his brain , like Pirlo does, he just seems to get worse.
The guy who dazzled the world 5 years ago has gone , should be dropped and sold in the summer while we can still get good money for him.

Lomar1o

The last thing this system need is a player like Coutinho. It needs a CM with more all round game and discipline.

Someone like Koke would be ideal.

we have zero creativity in midfield. sorry. but a player like isco or coutinho is a must if rafinha doesn't start playing like one. koke would be ideal instead of xavi.

JamDav1982

we have zero creativity in midfield. sorry. but a player like isco or coutinho is a must if rafinha doesn't start playing like one. koke would be ideal instead of xavi.

Isco at a push but no way Coutinho his game is about drifiting about looking for space. He wouldnt fit in this system.

Someone like Koke is creative but intelligent and can play a disciplined game. The biggest thing this midfield lacks is players that can keep position but move ball quickly to the front three and provide a bit of creativity on the ball.

It is not the past when Barca need an 'Iniesta' type and a 'Xavi' type.

Coutinho would just cause the same problems Rafinha does.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Coutinho is the last thing we need :lol:

Like JamDav says, we need an all round midfield player. Koke, Pogba, Verratti are the sort of players we need in this new Barca. More direct players that can do a bit of everything but ultimately ones that can move the ball fast from defence to attack

Therle

Iniesta has been lackluster. Sorry but he has. He was an amazing player but he is a shadow now. I don't know how to fix him. We need to suppliment our midfield badly.

Richard.H

He has decreased tremendously since the WC. If I didn't know Xavi's and Iniesta's age, I would assume that Iniesta is much older than Xavi due to his performances. Xavi still offers some quality to the mid while Iniesta seems like an absolute shadow of himself.

dakt

Coutinho is the last thing we need :lol:

Like JamDav says, we need an all round midfield player. Koke, Pogba, Verratti are the sort of players we need in this new Barca. More direct players that can do a bit of everything but ultimately ones that can move the ball fast from defence to attack

Did you see the price tag for that player? Screw him and 120 mills. Anyone who caches that amount money for him is a complete idiot....but hey, if he can pickup the ball, dribble 5 players and score every game, then yes..120mil is a fair price.

Home of Barca Fans