Andres Iniesta

mmandela

Sueco estrella
He is very important, if he stays healthy for the rest of the season we will be glad to have him in the CL (if we go through)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So far Pep never praised any player the way he praised Iniesta yesterday. Well deserved Casper!

alexjanosik

The Game
Iniesta did well against Bilbao but he has still not done enough this season.He has all the talent in the world but the performances dont match his talent.When Ronaldinho and Deco left in the summer I expected 3 players to step up and take their game to the next level, Xavi,Iniesta and Messi.Xavi has stepped up.Messi has taken his game to a level never seen before.Iniesta has not.His game has stagnated.He provides the occasional great pass or assist but he is just not doing enough.
Perhaps it is because he is so versatile and can play in different positions.
It seems as if he is not sure about his role in the team.
As to the notion that we are dependent on him,I dont think so.He was out for 2 months earlier in the season and we barely missed him.

maz

I walk the line
...!!

I think he has put in some great performances. He has won us penalties, made some great passes, started lots of counter attacks. He has been brilliant. In fact look at the man of the match votings:

1. 53 Messi (9 x 1st place, 6 x 2nd place, 5 x 3rd place)
2. 30 Alves (5 x 1st place, 3 x 2nd place, 4 x 3rd place)
3. 29 Xavi (4 x 1st place, 5 x 2nd place, 3 x 3rd place)
4. 26 Iniesta (4 x 1st place, 3 x 2nd place, 4 x 3rd place)
5. 19 Eto'o (3 x 1st place, 3 x 2nd place, 2 x 3rd place)

He has been man of the match as many times as xavi has (which is even more impressive when u consider xavi has practically been ever-present whereas AI has been injured and also doesnt actually have a guaranteed position),, and has only 3 points less than iniesta. The person behind iniesta is eto'o who is a further 7 points behind. I think that definitely shows that the 3 players u mentioned, plus alves, have been the most crucial for us this season.

B

Barca_10baby

I am soooooo glad this man is back... now we have our riddim back intact.

alexjanosik

The Game
Seems as if there are a lot of Iniesta fans on this forum.Dont get me wrong.He is a fantastic player and can do wonders.But he just hasnt taken his game to the next level.He is still playing like he did last season.As for the Xavi and Iniesta comaparison, Iniesta has been nowhere near as good as Xavi this season.
Let me ask you a question.
Is he playing well enough to be picked over Henry in the front three?
Is he playing well enough to be picked over Xavi in the midfield? (I dont think Xavi and Iniesta should be played together in midfield,atleast not on a regular basis)

Zqa-

To both questions; yes.
(At least if Xavi keeps playing as he does atm).

You clearly haven't seen Barca, if you can't see he has taken a step up..

alexjanosik

The Game
I respect your opinion.
It is just that I expected more from him this season.He was one of our best performers last season and I wanted him to do even better this season.
In my opinion he hasnt.

maz

I walk the line
Let me ask you a question.
Is he playing well enough to be picked over Henry in the front three?
They offer different things. For a team that packs the midfield, henry would probably be more useful. In a team that packs the defence, iniesteee would definitley be the better option.

Is he playing well enough to be picked over Xavi in the midfield? (I dont think Xavi and Iniesta should be played together in midfield,atleast not on a regular basis)
Right now? Definitely. Xavi has been very poor since the beginning of 2009. In fact, as bojan pointed out, he has been poor since the day he signed his contract at the end of december 2008.

Home of Barca Fans