Andres Iniesta

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I agree that comparing Henry to Iniesta is unfair, because Andrés won't score as many goals as Thierry, but Thierry won't create as much chances as Andrés nor pass the ball as accurate... I rather see Iniesta playing in midfield than up front...

alexjanosik

The Game
You would seriously consider playing Iniesta ahead of Xavi.
I dont think there is anyone in world football who can control the pace of a game better than Xavi.The only two who come even close are Riquelme and Pirlo.
Xavi is the player that makes us tick.He always(always) makes the right pass and is rarely caught in possession.
Iniesta may have better dribbling skills but Xavi has far better ball possession and distribution skills which is a key part of our possession game.
So I wouldnt play Iniesta over Xavi.
As to Xavi's dip in form it is to be expected.He has played a lot of games.
I am sure he will pick it up.

maz

I walk the line
What has xavi contributed this year which makes u want to continue to play him? We got 2 points out of 4 games, lie an unhealthy 8th in the la liga form table, and xavi has done hardly anything of note all year. Its too much of a coincidence for the signing of the contract not to be a big reason for his dip in form. Teams may be closing him down more, but thats not an excuse. Or if it is, then it signifies that we cant keep playing him like this and effectively be a man short.

Yes on his day xavi's distribution skills are better than iniesta's, so is his ability to dictate the pace of the game (although not his ball possession...hardly any player can take the ball away from inieste). However for one reason or another the xavi we have now is not the same xavi we had before december. Iniesta on the other hand has been consistent. He returned from injury and already caused massive problems for mallorca and also for athletic.

By the way what is the hell with xavi's dam eyebrow plucking and makeup wearing?!

Zqa-

Now, now. A little dip in form is all, hopefully.
I remember both Iniesta and Xavi playing a good game, both on midfield, at the same time this year.. Anyone remember?

alexjanosik

The Game
He has not been playing all that badly.He is just having a dip in form which was bound to happen.You say Xavi has been nothing special this year.
You make it sound as if Iniesta has been extra special this year.
How many goals has Iniesta scored this year?
And as for the Bilbao game the whole team put in a good perfromance,not just Iniesta.

Zqa-

Goals doesn't show whether you play good or not.
But as Maz said, Iniesta have been consistent, on a very, very high level, Xavi haven't.. But Xavi have had a brilliant season so far, no matter what.

maz

I walk the line
U seem like a level headed guy..so im not sure why u are asking how many goals has AI scored. When it comes to comparing players like iniesta and xavi goals should hardly come into it.

This stems from u saying would i play iniesta in front of xavi. Right now, i would. Xavi needs some rest because he is either mentally tired, being marked out of the game, or complacent because of his contract.

alexjanosik

The Game
I only brought up the goals thing to argue he shouldnt be picked ahead of Henry.
I still would pick Xavi over Iniesta in midfield(assuming only one of them plays).
Reason is far superior ball retention and distribution.
That is just my opinion.
You would pick Iniesta and I would pick Xavi.
Respect your opinion though.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
I can't really rate the two of them... Both brings different things to our game and we miss them both when they are away... they have different roles as players.
But I think Iniesta has been better over all this season, he has lifted us when the team hasn't been that great by individual quality which xavi hasn't.
Xavi was good when the team played well, when they didn't he didn't... But what do I know, maybe we lost in form because Xavi did?.
Still I think Iniesta is better, he has also been away more than Xavi has because of injuries and played better when he actually played.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think that Iniesta brings more to the table than Xavi does. Yes, Xavi epitomizes Barca style of play. But only when he`s playing at his best. Iniesta, on the other hand hardly ever had a below par performance.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
They are my favorite and my second favorite player and in my opinion they are two players of the same quality.
I think that many of you think that Iniesta is better atm. but it is just because it is hard for a player like Xavi to show his worth. In any time of the match Iniesta can pull out some great dribbling and those dribbling make quite impression on us. It is hard for Xavi to compete with this. He is great at organizing our plays and creativity and these are not the things that put big impression on us.
Maybe Iniesta is a joy to watch but they are both equally good.

Zqa-

Nah, they aren't the same type of player. Iniesta dribbling abillity is way, way better than Xavi's. And, on the other hand, Iniesta doesn't have the same game vision and game control as Xavi do.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
Nah, they aren't the same type of player. Iniesta dribbling abillity is way, way better than Xavi's. And, on the other hand, Iniesta doesn't have the same game vision and game control as Xavi do.
i think this says it all.

Home of Barca Fans