Andres Iniesta

F

FCB_Titi_LB

I certainly dont agree. Messi's low form is still decisive. Iniesta's isn't. Don Andres is WC and is totally different player than Messi. They are the best in their position and skills are uncomparable. Thinking about efficiency,decisiveness it must be Messi.

desoe

He isn't better than Messi guys lets get a reality check there.

Like someone said .. who is?

We should stop compare players to Messi. I think Messi is a "one lifetime player" and it could take years, I mean - YEARS, before we see such a dominant player again.

Sallou

Oh I agree. I guess I didn't explain properly. In terms of skill, control, ability, pure talent etc, Messi is by far and away the best player on the planet, and the best player any of us are likely to see in our lifetimes.

What I meant was, if I was a manager, I'd rather Iniesta on my team than Messi.

Messi is the most gifted, skilled etc, and that makes him the best in the world. But Iniesta is the best at playing the game. Messi is the best player in the world, yet Iniesta is also the best player in the world, in a different way. I'm not very articulate today, but does anyone get what I'm trying to say?

Iniesta is very skilled, and has amazing ball control, like Messi, but is not better than Messi. I think Iniesta is the worlds best only in terms of being able to play the game, i.e. intelligent decisions, passing choices, vision, controlling a game, dictating play etc, and with this he has amazing skill, which he puts to good use. Becasue of all this, I think he is the best in the world all round at playing the game. But Messi is still the actual best in the world skill/ability wise.

Anyway, Iniesta may be the best at playing the game, but Messi has a case for being second. And Messi may be the best skill/sbility/control-wise, but Iniesta has a case for being second! They're both the 1st and 2nd best players in the world IMO. So I guess it doesn't matter. :)
....um, yeah. I basically just butchered my own opinion with woeful writing/explanation. :rolleyes:

Elite-BkD

Trying to decide whether Iniesta or Messi is the better better player messes with my head, just can't do it. The best I can do is say that each is #1 at his position. If only Iniesta had a knack for scoring like he does for everything else...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Trying to decide whether Iniesta or Messi is the better better player messes with my head, just can't do it. The best I can do is say that each is #1 at his position. If only Iniesta had a knack for scoring like he does for everything else...

It's really the next step for the Don...Scoring a bit more

C

Champions

It's really the next step for the Don...Scoring a bit more

Definetly agree there. He's yet to score this season (although he's been injured at the start). Think if he starts scoring about 10 goals a season then we can call him a complete player.

zanela

What I meant was, if I was a manager, I'd rather Iniesta on my team than Messi.

Would you still want Iniesta if you already had great playmakers in your team?
But i get what u mean. Not just you, but the majority of the managers in the world 'll choose a Worldclass Playmaker over a Worldclass Forward. A midfielder is of greater value to a manager. It's he who dictates the game, controls the tempo and makes every one around him play. He is indispensable to a team. Great Midfields can win you matches & rise a team to legendary status.
Be it our DT1 or DT2, both eras had/'ve formidable Midfields which is why they were/are so highly successful.
Which is also why Argentina NT suck despite having worldclass forwards, they are still unable to come up with a working & a stable midfield.

Coming back to Iniesta, the Playmaker. I do concede he is great at what he does. An amazing dribbler with great ball control, vision, decision making, passing, awareness etc. But, i'm not quite sure i agree with u when u say he can make others play or dictate the game on his own, YET. He needs a Xavi beside him, a deep-lying playmaker who allows him to do his thing. I'm not sure he can be our sole playmaker and make us play, but i'm sure it 'll come with experience and he may eventually don that role in the future. But as of now, it's Xavi who is the most imp to us...evident from last season and this, that without him, even with Iniesta in the midfield we look disjointed and disorganised.

Also,
It'd be better if ppl stop comparing a midfielder to a forward to determine the World's best. Infact, i find the whole concept absurd how one player can be the best in a Team Sport(i know i know, i too 've been guilty of participating & initiating such a debate in the past :p) but i've lately changed my stance on it.:D
All 11 players 've a role in a Team and each position requires specific skill sets. So, how does one player who can't be present at all times everywhere on the pitch be the best? I mean what can a messi, iniesta, thongboy do if they don't even recieve the ball to their feet.
I think FIFA should do away with their annual awards of felicitating a single player and start awarding teams instead. FWTOY? :blush: I suppose that 'll promote more Team ethics and harmony...
OR, i'd rather see each position being awarded. It's only fair to appreciate and recognise excellence in each position. After all, Messi can't do what Xavi does and vice versa. So, why should one player take all the credit and the mantle of being the best player in the world in a team sport?
And,
I don't think there is such a thing called a complete/all-round player. For me, a complete player is one who can attack, create, defend(including GK), and be great at them all. Now is there such a player around? I would say NO. :blush:

Last edited:

Elite-BkD

But i get what u mean. Not just you, but the majority of the managers in the world 'll choose a Worldclass Playmaker over a Worldclass Forward. A midfielder is of greater value to a manager. It's he who dictates the game, controls the tempo and makes every one around him play. He is indispensable to a team. Great Midfields can win you matches & rise a team to legendary status.
Be it our DT1 or DT2, both eras had/'ve formidable Midfields which is why they were/are so highly successful.
Which is also why Argentina NT suck despite having worldclass forwards, they are still unable to come up with a working & a stable midfield.

Coming back to Iniesta, the Playmaker. I do concede he is great at what he does. An amazing dribbler with great ball control, vision, decision making, passing, awareness etc. But, i'm not quite sure i agree with u when u say he can make others play or dictate the game on his own, YET. He needs a Xavi beside him, a deep-lying playmaker who allows him to do his thing. I'm not sure he can be our sole playmaker and make us play, but i'm sure it 'll come with experience and he may eventually don that role in the future. But as of now, it's Xavi who is the most imp to us...evident from last season and this, that without him, even with Iniesta in the midfield we look disjointed and disorganised.

Also,
It'd be better if ppl stop comparing a midfielder to a forward to determine the World's best. Infact, i find the whole concept absurd how one player can be the best in a Team Sport(i know i know, i too 've been guilty of participating & initiating such a debate in the past :p) but i've lately changed my stance on it.:D
All 11 players 've a role in a Team and each position requires specific skill sets. So, how does one player who can't be present at all times everywhere on the pitch be the best? I mean what can a messi, iniesta, thongboy do if they don't even recieve the ball to their feet.
I think FIFA should do away with their annual awards of felicitating a single player and start awarding teams instead. FWTOY? :blush: I suppose that 'll promote more Team ethics and harmony...
OR, i'd rather see each position being awarded. It's only fair to appreciate and recognise excellence in each position. After all, Messi can't do what Xavi does and vice versa. So, why should one player take all the credit and the mantle of being the best player in the world in a team sport?
And,
I don't think there is such a thing called a complete/all-round player. For me, a complete player is one who can attack, create, defend(including GK), and be great at them all. Now is there such a player around? I would say NO. :blush:

Awesome post! :worthy:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Also,
And,

Awesome post, except for one point... You say there's no complete/all-round player!? Hell there's Zlatan!!! He played even the GK when he was kid, with his height he would definitely be not a bad one now, so yeah Zlatan is the complete/all-round player :argue:

Home of Barca Fans