Andres Iniesta

El Flaco

Quotes from Iniesta during the yesterday's pre-Real Madrid press conference

"Knowing that we played well in the last few games gives us a feeling of calm and security more than the point difference."

"Leo? I saw him in training in these last days, he's feeling good, we'll see how he is by Saturday."

"Clásicos are unpredictable. The two teams facing each other have players that can change everything in any moment."

"In order to win we have to be ourselves, to be the protagonists of the game with the ball and to take advantage of our chances."

"We always have to be positive, but it's a complicated game, against a direct rival."

"Having Leo is fundamental for us. But if he's not there, we have the players and the squad necessary."

"We've played great games at the Bernabéu. Because of the importance and the game I think the 2-6 is the best memory I have."

"Madrid will have their options, but we have to try and be the protagonists of the game."

"What happened in Paris generates nervousness all over the world. But we're told all the safety measures will be applied."

"Saying that this Madrid is weaker than in other years would be very daring. They're always a very strong rival."

"To win at the Bernabéu we have to play perfect games, or nearly perfect ones, because the opponent demands it."

"Winning at the Bernabéu, with everything it means as to a culé, is very important emotionally and very meaningful."

"It's not a decisive game, but it does give you an important moral boost."

"Being the player with most Clásicos that will be on the pitch is important. Time goes by and I can keep playing them."

"The fact that it's my first Clásico as first captain is an anecdote.Being captain, having the respect of my teammates is important"

"There are games that don't require any speech from the captain. Everyone is ready to go."

"I don't know if there was fear with our game in Belgium, but there was definitely a feeling of nervousness."

"It's a shame that there's an important security concern we have to talk about, but this is the reality, we can't escape it."

"We're three points about Madrid now, but we shouldn't be distracted. We have to try and increase that distance."

"Madrid has plenty of qualities that can hurt us. We have to play a great game and be the protagonists."

"If Messi will be in the squad it's because he is fit to play either the whole game or a part. The more time he's on, the better."

"I have a fond memory of the game that Ronaldinho was applauded at the Bernabeu. I have been privileged to witness such moments."

"I love playing these games because of what they are and what they mean.After 10 years,I still feel like my engine is roaring to go"

Morten

Iniesta isnt always that great, a bit inconsistent, but he is one of the best big-game players ever imo. But he is getting older, and ofc everyone have bad games, lets see what happens.

Morten

Nah, he is always great but unappreciated and people expect ridiculous stuff every game.

Im only re-phrasing what pretty much everyone tells me, that he is a bit up and down. For me, personally, he is one of my favorite players ever, love watching him play. Always been rated as something less than Xavi, Messi(well, who doesnt). But i have watched him enough to know that he is a very very consistent big-game player.

raskolnikov

Im only re-phrasing what pretty much everyone tells me, that he is a bit up and down. For me, personally, he is one of my favorite players ever, love watching him play. Always been rated as something less than Xavi, Messi(well, who doesnt). But i have watched him enough to know that he is a very very consistent big-game player.

I dont think the less than Xavi thing is true, to me personally Busquets/Iniesta/Xavi are all on the same level. Just very different type of players.

BerkeleyBernie

I dont think the less than Xavi thing is true, to me personally Busquets/Iniesta/Xavi are all on the same level. Just very different type of players.

tumblr_mxfwjzntbA1t3vmubo1_400.gif

Home of Barca Fans