Andy Carroll

Ambrosia

People seem to forget that Torres was also crap towards the end of his Liverpool career too.
I'm not sure he was.

Before he left Liverpool, he scored 3 goals in two matches and seemed to be coming back to his old best. I think he needs to be in a place where he's worshipped as was the case at Liverpool and Atletico.

My other theory is that there's only one player that has ever brought out the best in Torres and that's Gerrard. Gerrard had just got back into the team , coinciding with Torres' form improving before he left. No Gerrard, no world class Torres imo.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm not sure he was.

Before he left Liverpool, he scored 3 goals in two matches and seemed to be coming back to his old best. I think he needs to be in a place where he's worshipped as was the case at Liverpool and Atletico.

My other theory is that there's only one player that has ever brought out the best in Torres and that's Gerrard. Gerrard had just got back into the team , coinciding with Torres' form improving before he left. No Gerrard, no world class Torres imo.

Well Torres was good (but highly, highly overrated) before he came to Liverpool. I did suspect that Gerrard was the best player on Liverpool even during Torres' brief peak though, and I hate Gerrard.

Ambrosia

Sometimes some players are so good you tend to end up under appreciating them just because you're so used to them making the amazing seem mundane.

Gerrard is one such player. Torres was the new, shiny toy when he was at Liverpool so he got all the praise but it was Gerrard really running the show. And Xabi :wub:.

gulaman

Gerrard has always been Liverpool's best player, ever since he broke into the team. And the sad thing for the scousers is that he still is their best player even though he's almost 32.

M

mitkoa7x

Sometimes some players are so good you tend to end up under appreciating them just because you're so used to them making the amazing seem mundane.

Gerrard is one such player. Torres was the new, shiny toy when he was at Liverpool so he got all the praise but it was Gerrard really running the show. And Xabi :wub:.

Xabi is shit!

D

danumber10

Torres was Liverpool's best player until he got injured. He was never the same After that injury. It's crazy how some players are never the same after an injury. I'm thinking of Kaka as well. He was amazing until that injury. He's trying to come back but he hasn't been top class for a while now just like torres.

Robbie

Torres was Liverpool's best player until he got injured. He was never the same After that injury. It's crazy how some players are never the same after an injury. I'm thinking of Kaka as well. He was amazing until that injury. He's trying to come back but he hasn't been top class for a while now just like torres.

Rosicky too. At Dortmund he was one of the best players in Germany, but after a couple seasons at Arsenal he tore his hamstrings so badly that he was injured for 2 years. Now he's not even 1 tenth as good as he used to be.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Rosicky too. At Dortmund he was one of the best players in Germany, but after a couple seasons at Arsenal he tore his hamstrings so badly that he was injured for 2 years. Now he's not even 1 tenth as good as he used to be.

I was a big fan of Rosicky when Arsenal first signed him, he was awesome until injuries destroyed him.

Hatem Ben Arfa

amazing dive by Carroll!

even I thought it was a penalty from a distance. well done referee for spotting it.

no contact at all, and he goes down in a heap.

I hope the english commentators pummel Carroll for diving, because they love to do so with the foreingers. especially Ray Wilikins when he had a go at Cabaye when he was clearly caught.

ammarfcb

ze special one
amazing dive by Carroll!

even I thought it was a penalty from a distance. well done referee for spotting it.

no contact at all, and he goes down in a heap.

I hope the english commentators pummel Carroll for diving, because they love to do so with the foreingers. especially Ray Wilikins when he had a go at Cabaye when he was clearly caught.

+1000000. seriously what a terrible dive, didn't even have confidence in himself to score after beating the keeper.

Hatem Ben Arfa

why have these English pundits not used the word "DIVE"

it's pathetic!!! that what he freaking did! so call it that!

not 'oh he won't be proud of that!

he's a DIVER!!!! CALL HIM THAT YOU BIASED EPL TWITS!

they would have no problem labelling a foriegner that.

ammarfcb

ze special one
lol the sky sports dude roughly said: oh it came to him on the wrong foot, if it came on he's other foot he would finish that.

and they called it a bad decision instead of a dive

:lol:

Home of Barca Fans