Andy Carroll

Sewelly

All time legend at home town club or just another player at a club you have absolutely no personal affiliation with? I know which one I would choose, every single time.

Shearer has no regrets, he is probably the best player in our history and an absolute legend. He has said on numerous occasions if he was offered the chance to go back and make the decision again he'd do the same thing every single time. There is more to football than just pots and pieces of silver.

Loyalty is a rare thing in football these days, it's something to be respected and praised not something to be scoffed at.

Why were there rumours about Hughton possibly losing his job? He seems to be doing really well.

It's just rubbish fabricated by the media to try and stir up a storm around the club. We've been stable and reasonably successful for just over a year, that's far too long for Newcastle United!

He's done a marvelous job, and I've absolute faith he will keep us up and get a contract that he deserves. There is no chance of him losing his job any time soon, and every sane Newcastle fan is 100% behind him.

Last edited:

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Indeed, you're a very lucky person if you are able to play for your boy-hood club and be a success aswell, it only happens to a handful compared with so many other players.

Andy Carrol is a very good player. If stuff in the papers about him is true, then he seems like a bit of a prat off the field, but on it, he looks committed and hard-working. I've never seen someone win so many headers before, I'm not sure I can think of anyone who would be able to beat him in the air.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
All time legend at home town club or just another player at a club you have absolutely no personal affiliation with? I know which one I would choose, every single time.

Shearer has no regrets, he is probably the best player in our history and an absolute legend. He has said on numerous occasions if he was offered the chance to go back and make the decision again he'd do the same thing every single time. There is more to football than just pots and pieces of silver.

Loyalty is a rare thing in football these days, it's something to be respected and praised not something to be scoffed at.

It's just rubbish fabricated by the media to try and stir up a storm around the club. We've been stable and reasonably successful for just over a year, that's far too long for Newcastle United!

He's done a marvelous job, and I've absolute faith he will keep us up and get a contract that he deserves. There is no chance of him losing his job any time soon, and every sane Newcastle fan is 100% behind him.

Shearer might say it, but I don't believe him.

H

HanzDownerpantz

Two words............Alan Shearer

Shearer was a fool.......he could have won all the medals possible but through his own stupidity thought he'd make Newcastle a power. Well he failed miserably and I don't want to see Carroll make the same mistake.

Shearer only has one medal to show for his talent as a striker - and he won that at Blackburn.
Shearer is a legend in his home-town and at his boyhood club and widely recognised as the Premierships greatest player, you'd have to be an utter spacker to think he'd rather trade that in for a dozen worthless medels he could have pissed in at Man U.

Football realy is going to the dogs when not even fans can understand the concept of loyalty. :(

Last edited:

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Two words............Alan Shearer

Shearer was a fool.......he could have won all the medals possible but through his own stupidity thought he'd make Newcastle a power. Well he failed miserably and I don't want to see Carroll make the same mistake.

Shearer only has one medal to show for his talent as a striker - and he won that at Blackburn.

Good point, Torres and Gerrard should leave Liverpool then.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Good point, Torres and Gerrard should leave Liverpool then.

Gerrard has won every single club competition possible except the premier league.

Torres has won 2 international tournaments and isn't even in the peak of his career yet so if he is 32 and still won nothing them he should worry.

H

HanzDownerpantz

The Premierahip is every English footballers bread & butter, and Shearer has more Premiership medals than either, fact.

Gerrard may say he doesn't regret joining Chelsea, but I don't believe him.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The Premierahip is every English footballers bread & butter, and Shearer has more Premiership medals than either, fact.

Gerrard may say he doesn't regret joining Chelsea, but I don't believe him.

Would Gerrard swap his medals for Shearer's......no.

He may regret not joining chelsea I don't know but at the time we were both in the top 4 and competing for the same prizes unlike Newcastle therefore I don't think his regrets, if he had any, would be as big as Shearer's.

H

HanzDownerpantz

Shearer came runners up with Newcastle aswell as finishing in the top 4 numerous other times and competing in 2 FA Cup finals so I dont know where your getting this whole "we were both in the top 4 and competing for the same prizes unlike Newcastle", clearly your footballing knowlege isn't the best.

I find it worrying that a so called fan would admit that he would rather leave the club he supports in pursuit of a few easy trophies to be honest.

Sewelly

We'd just finished runners-up the year he joined :lol:

If you were the country's leading striker and had the choice to join either the best team in the country, or your boyhood club who had just finished 2nd the season before, would you really choose the former?

I highly doubt it, and if so, you're a bit strange.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Edward you're being extremely hypocritical, you say Shearer should have left Newcastle but I've seen you plenty of times criticizing players like Benayoun and Mascherano for jumping ship. If medals are more important than loyalty, everyone should leave Liverpool cause they're not gonna win anything for a while.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Edward you're being extremely hypocritical, you say Shearer should have left Newcastle but I've seen you plenty of times criticizing players like Benayoun and Mascherano for jumping ship. If medals are more important than loyalty, everyone should leave Liverpool cause they're not gonna win anything for a while.

I only criticised Mascherano when he blatently lied to us and withdrew from the man city game. Before then I understood his reasons for going.

Anyway the both had 3 and 4 good seasons with us to try and win stuff so if they opportunity came to go elsewhere for them then I wouldn't hold any grudges. If they gave us good service.

Shearer came runners up with Newcastle aswell as finishing in the top 4 numerous other times and competing in 2 FA Cup finals so I dont know where your getting this whole "we were both in the top 4 and competing for the same prizes unlike Newcastle", clearly your footballing knowlege isn't the best.

I find it worrying that a so called fan would admit that he would rather leave the club he supports in pursuit of a few easy trophies to be honest.

From 2004 - 2008 Chelsea and Liverpool were both in the top 4 and competing for the same prizes. I am sure if we were in our current predicament of 8th or 9th Gerrard in 2004 or 2005 would have been off in a shot, but why go when we were competing for the same prizes at that time. Newcastle finished in the top 4 twice in 02 and 03, hardly what I'd call numerous times. Yeah you reached 2 finals in the first 3 years of Shearers time there. In the 00's what trophies were they competing for?

You say if we ask him does he have any regrets that he would say no? I would say he is lying and has plenty of regrets.

If you want to turn that on me and ask Gerrard at the end of his career does he have any regrets? I really wouldn't know the answer to that but if he still craved that premier league medal at that point, then he has plenty of others to keep him warm at night.

I respect that Shearer wanted to play for his boyhood club and I respect that he thought that he could win trophies at Newcastle, but there is loyalty and plain stupidity. His talent as a striker deserved more than a premiership trophy medal.

Hell if he joined us in 2004 like he should have he could have won a CL medal :D

Home of Barca Fans