Andy Carroll

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If I had enough money I'd have bought this guy as a Christmas present for my beloved Barca... He has all the attributes to be the best of the centre forwards of his generation if he keeps his off the pitch mentality under check, and with the mentors like Guardiola that box is obviously checked!!

P

PhilS

Carroll is better in the EPL than he would be elsewhere. Every EPL team needs a big, strong forward for all the aerial crosses and rough play. These attributes are less important elsewhere, especially in Spain.

I think Tevez is the EPL forward who would be perfect for La Liga: quick, fast, tireless. Zlatan and Milito are forwards perfect for counterattacking Serie A.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
There's lot more to Carroll's play than being a big, strong and rough man up front... He's also deceptively fast for his huge frame.

Also man, who's the most in demand striker in Liga right now? Yes, it's Fernando Llorente...another centre forward like Carroll!!

Sewelly

Posters on a Barca forum discussing the abilities of an old-style English centre-forward from Gateshead. Funny what the internet can throw up :)

He used to just be a big lump. For a good few years I thought he was useless and technically inept, even at the start of last season by January he had only scored 4 goals in the Championship.

However since that point he has improved massively. He's doubled in size, developed an almost spritely turn of pace and improved his link up play and all round game aswell. Obviously his aerial ability is always going to be his #1 forte but the rest of his game has developed to a more than acceptable level too.

Idiots like that Chelsea fan who write him off because of his 'robust' style of play don't bare even considering. It was probably after he gave Chelsea's CBs the run around to contribute to their collapse that he has got annoyed.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
As I said only a few things (if we do match newcy's value) would stop it:-

1) Newcy won't have time to find a replacement

2) Carroll doesn't want to come here

3) Spurs also match the value and he goes there. But if he is a northern boy he might be tempted to stay in the north.

Koma

No wonder Ferguson isn't entering transfer market, he was right when he said that prices are unreal.

Home of Barca Fans