Ángel Di María

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Im getting a feeling somehow we let one go last year...having Vidic now would sort us right out. Who is available though with those qualities? The mighty Barcelona had to resort to Vermaelen.

We are still only a point behind liverpool, albeit with way easier fixtures and it has been a really poor start. There is still signs of improvement though and you could rarely say that under Moyes, was very dominant in the game until that penalty.

I agree that there aren't that many options on the market as of now, but an experienced player like Vlaar would do a reasonable job IMO. LvG knows how to utilize him properly as well.

I'm sure that United will end in top 4. There's an apparent progression in the playing style, and the players are starting to get what van Gaal wants from them. Also, he usually knows what's wrong when you lose points and actively tries to fix the problem in the following week. That didn't happen under Moyes who came up with ridiculous comments like 'I don't know we have to do to win'. United will be fine under LvG.

D

DirtySanchez

He's so overrated. Not surprised he's reverted back to pre-2014 form at United and it sickens me people think he's better than Alexis.

Erratic passer, incredibly overrated dribbler and takes way too many low-percentage plays.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's so overrated. Not surprised he's reverted back to pre-2014 form at United and it sickens me people think he's better than Alexis.

Erratic passer, incredibly overrated dribbler and takes way too many low-percentage plays.

So you've based this on his last couple of bad-average games and have completely disregarded what he did earlier this season?

Martindn

His best position has been as a CM, since moving to the wing hes been average he cant get onto the ball as much its hurting his game.

D

DirtySanchez

So you've based this on his last couple of bad-average games and have completely disregarded what he did earlier this season?

And? Florent Malouda had a similar type of season or Ancelotti at Chelsea a few years ago. A few hot months of form doesn't suddenly make him a Top 5 player or all the other ridiculous accolades he's been given since that Clasico last season.

Great players are judged on their games against the very best not against Leicester City and QPR.

The erratic nature of his game has been a constant theme throughout his entire career anyway. And now that's he's not playing alongside 10 other World Class footballers his deficiencies are now even further exposed.

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

And? Florent Malouda had a similar type of season or Ancelotti at Chelsea a few years ago. A few hot months of form doesn't suddenly make him a Top 5 player or all the other ridiculous accolades he's been given since that Clasico last season.

Great players are judged on their games against the very best not against Leicester City and QPR.

The erratic nature of his game has been a constant theme throughout his entire career anyway. And now that's he's not playing alongside 10 other World Class footballers his deficiencies are now even further exposed.

The thing is Malouda's best season came when he was 30 so the only way was down for him...Di Maria on the other hand is just 26 so should be able to sustain the level he achieved last season for a few more years....

serghei

Not many people outside Barcaforum do think that. Even the fans on redcafe, who's a United based forum (keep that in mind), think they are about the same level.

Sanchez and Di Maria are both legit world class attacking players. The difference is one is more on form than the other at specific moments during the season. Alexis is playing better at the moment, that's for sure.

Definitely think he's still spent from a long run in both CL, CDR and then the World Cup, then to go from integral part of the CL-winning Madrid team, discarded in favor of the current flavor of the month, then the new English transfer record setter.

I think he'll be worth the price tag when it's all said and done. At the very least, he'll be the bridge from the SAF era to the next dominant United team. On form, he is easily one of my two favorite active players.

oggydude

Louis van Gaal plays him as striker and Rooney as midfielder. With such a clueless coach can't fault him.

It's because Di Maria doesn't track back and doesn't offer any physicality in Midfield, hopefully with Fellaini back Rooney can move back upfront with Di Maria in midfield where he was excellent early on, since moved upfront or on the wings Di Maria reminds me of Nani on his off days.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
It's because Di Maria doesn't track back and doesn't offer any physicality in Midfield, hopefully with Fellaini back Rooney can move back upfront with Di Maria in midfield where he was excellent early on, since moved upfront or on the wings Di Maria reminds me of Nani on his off days.

Di María doesn't track back? He used to do it a lot at Madrid

Home of Barca Fans