Ángel Di María

He was impactful in the 30 minutes that United played 4-4-2. Even earlier in the game there were instances he dropped down or went wide to get the ball and run at the defense, there were moments of magic. United has a world class player just waiting to be unleashed, as we all saw in his first 5 games when they played the diamond.

They should be playing to Di Maria and Mata's strengths, instead of shoehorning ADM as a striker and putting Mata in spaces where he'll get mobbed by 2-3 defenders.

Autumn

He lost the ball cheaply so many times. I don't at all understand why he is playing in this position that he clearly does not have the skill set for. All his positive plays today were done from him coming from a deeper position with players ahead of him. He failed nearly every time he tried to make forward runs or hold up play.

There still seems to be so much potential there for their front line. It can only improve after that match.

sabby

Kinda hope he keeps this form so his price would drop by 2016 summer :D He'll fit much better than Reus at our both wing and his understanding with Messi is superb.

Morten

Kinda hope he keeps this form so his price would drop by 2016 summer :D He'll fit much better than Reus at our both wing and his understanding with Messi is superb.

You will find out he is a pretty fustrating player who doesnt fit your style of play all that well. His decision-making is somewhat questionable to say the least.

Vilarrubi

WTF is Van Gaal doing? My level of respect for him as a tactician is slowly dwindling.

Van Gaal was never a master tactician or "Tactical Genius" as the media and Man Utd fans portray him. Him playing 5-3-2 in the WC was deemed an amazing, never seen before formation. He did well with Holland but nothing out of the ordinary (My views on the Spain game is that Spain were terrible rather than Holland amazing, proved later by losing to Chile) and definitely nothing to deserve the "Tactical Genius" title he has picked up.

BenRobbins

Van Gaal was never a master tactician or "Tactical Genius" as the media and Man Utd fans portray him. Him playing 5-3-2 in the WC was deemed an amazing, never seen before formation. He did well with Holland but nothing out of the ordinary (My views on the Spain game is that Spain were terrible rather than Holland amazing, proved later by losing to Chile) and definitely nothing to deserve the "Tactical Genius" title he has picked up.

He came 3rd with probably one of the worst dutch teams of all time. Robben, ass brilliant as he was, was the only quality player they had. You can knock him about his different spells at Barca and other clubs but not the world cup as that was a hell of a job going as far as they did.

Morten

He came 3rd with probably one of the worst dutch teams of all time. Robben, ass brilliant as he was, was the only quality player they had. You can knock him about his different spells at Barca and other clubs but not the world cup as that was a hell of a job going as far as they did.

RvP is not a quality player? Anyway, they did well in the wc, but nothing extraordinary as some think.

Re LVG, I know you all hate him for his second spell at this club and letting go of Rivaldo, but that doesn't change the fact that his accolades are long and will put most other managers to shame. Still, I don't understand how he can struggle with a team with this much firepower.

He needs to simplify things and bring back the diamond. ADM at LCM with a free-ish role, Mata at #10, Blind or Carrick at the base.

Home of Barca Fans