Ángel Di María

oggydude

Di María doesn't track back? He used to do it a lot at Madrid

Not really and no where near as much as Fellaini or Rooney, he has never been fully fit though. He seems to think he has to win every game by himself and has shots from ridiculous distances at times, like against Southampton he would have space in front of him to run into and do his magic but he would just have a shot. I fear we may have brought another Nani, extremely talented player but without the brain to utilise it, unlike Sanchez who whilst not as talented as Di Maria has an excellent football brain which has caused him to be majestic in his first season.

Alik

Not really and no where near as much as Fellaini or Rooney, he has never been fully fit though. He seems to think he has to win every game by himself and has shots from ridiculous distances at times, like against Southampton he would have space in front of him to run into and do his magic but he would just have a shot. I fear we may have brought another Nani, extremely talented player but without the brain to utilise it, unlike Sanchez who whilst not as talented as Di Maria has an excellent football brain which has caused him to be majestic in his first season.

Wow, Sanchez with a football better brain than Di Maria. How times have changed :lol:

zanela

LVG keeps changing his position as per his whims, and ManU fans can't stop comparing him with Nani and Alexis. Watch him bring his A-game at PSG in the latter part of the year, whilst ManU fans wonder why he underperformed for them. In the meantime, they will be able tp enjoy the technical-and-skill-powerhouse in the overpriced welsh ladyboy.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
:lol: di Maria is miles better than Nani. He doesn't have the best football brain but is still able to use his talent. LVG needs to play him as a cm in a three man midfield or on the wings (he performed there for Real Madrid)

As for the Sanchez comparison, they are slightly different players so it's hard to compare.

BenRobbins

Its not ADM's fault, its LVG's. Formation and positional changes week in week out. No style of play other than wingbacks whipping hopeless crosses into the box and centre backs lumping balls forward. All our attacking players look a shadow of what they are capable of and have proved over the years. If we actually start to play football like we can with the players we have at our disposal then you will see Di Maria take the piss out of the prem week in week out.

Ursegor

World Champion
Has to be said though, while LvG isn't covering himself in glory and Di Maria's injuries don't help his form, he got vastly overrated last season, especially on this forum because once people realized Messi wasn't going to win the Ballon d'Or they searched for reasons why Ronaldo should also not get it and Di Maria was apparently more worthy. His CL final or Clasico performance in that 4-3 game doesn't reflect his true level at all, that was the absolute peak form of his life. Majority of his Madrid career he was a frustrating winger who blew hot and cold with dody decision making and tremendous one-footedness which made his contribution very 1-dimensional on the right wing. 3 years under Mourinho no one said Di Maria was this special € 80M worthy player who should compete for the Ballon d'Or. It was all about Ronaldo and Özil. Ancelotti found the perfect niche role for him last season as a left-sided wide midfielder in 4-4-2 and that's what he's always been since his Benfica days: a left winger. If LvG is going to persist with his 3-5-2 he has bought an € 80M wingback. lol

zanela

The claims of Di Maria deserving the Ballon d'Or was just OTT, and I never paid attention to them, nor is he worth anything close to his transfer fee. But he's still better than what he's shown for ManU, and I was hoping his move there will raise his star profile given ManU's marketing credentials. But so far, its been quite frustrating. I'd rather he leaves if this continues, besides its not like his family is loving life in manchester.

Di Maria is another Nani? :lol:

You have to give him time to settle down. He just had a torrid year both on and off the pitch. His body and mind must be exhausted. At 26, he has 3-4 years of his prime left. It took him a while to settle at RM, but when he did (coupled with Ancellotti moving him to the midfield 3), he was ripping teams in the biggest of stages.

It would also help if LVG stops playing him in a new position every 3 weeks. Why'd they get rid of the diamond in the first place?

Hoping he doesn't end up at PSG. One of my favorite players at one of the clubs I hate :lol:

Wow, Sanchez with a football better brain than Di Maria. How times have changed :lol:

How times have changed indeed. After his 3rd or 4th game, most United fans were calling him the future GOAT of the EPL :lol:

Martindn

Why'd they get rid of the diamond in the first place?

Apparently lack of fit wing backs and other injuries, however with players available on sunday it was a better fit for them. Idk what is going with the 3-5-2 it really is horrendous we have been worse than under Moyes whenever its played especially with Fletcher and Fellaini in the middle. He would be so so much better at CM who cares if he loses possession he is the only CM besides Herrera who actually thinks of moving forward with the ball.

B7NvxdECcAAwJG9.jpg

draconifire
Was it true Perez asked him not to play in the WC Final.

Yeah he said in an an interview a week or so after he signed that Perez sent him the letter just before the final to so as to not risk further injury.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Has to be said though, while LvG isn't covering himself in glory and Di Maria's injuries don't help his form, he got vastly overrated last season, especially on this forum because once people realized Messi wasn't going to win the Ballon d'Or they searched for reasons why Ronaldo should also not get it and Di Maria was apparently more worthy. His CL final or Clasico performance in that 4-3 game doesn't reflect his true level at all, that was the absolute peak form of his life. Majority of his Madrid career he was a frustrating winger who blew hot and cold with dody decision making and tremendous one-footedness which made his contribution very 1-dimensional on the right wing. 3 years under Mourinho no one said Di Maria was this special € 80M worthy player who should compete for the Ballon d'Or. It was all about Ronaldo and Özil. Ancelotti found the perfect niche role for him last season as a left-sided wide midfielder in 4-4-2 and that's what he's always been since his Benfica days: a left winger. If LvG is going to persist with his 3-5-2 he has bought an € 80M wingback. lol

I agree

Bertus

LVG keeps changing his position as per his whims, and ManU fans can't stop comparing him with Nani and Alexis. Watch him bring his A-game at PSG in the latter part of the year, whilst ManU fans wonder why he underperformed for them. In the meantime, they will be able tp enjoy the technical-and-skill-powerhouse in the overpriced welsh ladyboy.
That ship has sailed long ago. I doubt that you will see him at PSG.

He must feel lucky to have dodged that sinking ship that PSG is.

That ship has sailed long ago. I doubt that you will see him at PSG.

He must feel lucky to have dodged that sinking ship that PSG is.

True. This doesn't sound like a man who's on his way out.

Manchester United winger Angel di Maria admits it has taken him time to adjust following his move from Real Madrid, but he is targeting a major improvement in the second half of the season.

The 26-year-old Argentina international accepts it has not been all plain sailing since his arrival at Old Trafford, with Sunday's 1-0 defeat by Southampton his first start since November because of injury.

"It is difficult for a player, especially when you come to a new club," he said. "You just want to arrive and you want to show them how well you can play.

"So when these things happen it is unfortunate but, that said, the important thing was that when I came back I needed to make sure that I could help the team and that's what I did.

"It's important for me and important for the team to be really doing my best and showing what I am capable of."

Di Maria believes boss Louis van Gaal is creating something new at Manchester United and has urged fans to look forward rather than back to the Sir Alex Ferguson era.

"From the start of the season to now, you can see that we've grown," he told MUTV. "We weren't so great at the beginning but we've started getting a few victories under our belts.

"There are some people saying that we're not playing in a particularly good style or that it's not the old Manchester United - but it's not.

"We're beginning something new here. We've got a new style, we've got a new manager and we're all working hard to make sure we're putting Manchester United back where it belongs.

"We're focusing on growing as a team, working hard and getting as many points as we can. We all know the Premier League is difficult, but all we're focusing on now is meeting our objectives and our targets for the year.

"So whether it's qualifying for the Champions League, making sure that we do well in the FA Cup or getting as high in the league as possible, these are things we are going for now."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...termined-to-do-his-best-for-manchester-united

Angel is a top talent and he deserves to play for Europe's traditional powers :beer2:

Wondering how you guys will feel about him at Barca though (although I'm sure Woodward will do his best to keep him at OT until he's at least 30). Big IF, but if he ends up at Camp Nou by Jan. 2016, he has 2 more years of his prime plus he doesn't really get injured a lot.

footyfan

Calma, calma

If anything it was the left sided central midfield spot in a 4-3-3 where he really impressed (of course a 4-4-2 suits him too).

And I agree that he is a very hot and cold player. On his day, absolutely in the top 3-5 attackers in the world but when things go wrong they really go wrong.

As I've remarked before, he's at best a half-season player.

Home of Barca Fans