Ángel Di María

S7_MUFC

Are galacticos clamoring to play for Man U anymore? :neymar:

It has nothing to do with clamour.Our team became full of average overpriced players because we were searching for "Value" in the transfer market. I don't see why we would struggle to attract the likes of Bale although I don't think he's worth the price Real will ask.

oggydude

It has nothing to do with clamour.Our team became full of average overpriced players because we were searching for "Value" in the transfer market. I don't see why we would struggle to attract the likes of Bale although I don't think he's worth the price Real will ask.

This summer we have done decent business, cleared more 800k of our wage bill. Selling Di Marian for 45m to get Pedro for about 22-5m will be excellent business even though Pedro does not have the ability of Di Maria he definitely suits our style of football more. Last summer was crazy as we were just desperate for any quality players without CL.

oggydude

How is clearing 800k (800.000) of the wage bill particularly great?

Because the player receiving those wages were Falcao/RVP/ADM/Nani contributed very little last season for 800k, I'm surprised we were able to get rid of RVP/Nani at their wages and by selling RVP we saved an extra 10m loyalty bonus next year. The players brought in are on much lower wages than them so far.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Because the player receiving those wages were Falcao/RVP/ADM/Nani contributed very little last season for 800k, I'm surprised we were able to get rid of RVP/Nani at their wages and by selling RVP we saved an extra 10m loyalty bonus next year. The players brought in are on much lower wages than them so far.

A bit much to vastly over pay for a player like Falcao then claim it is a great thing the club have lowered wages when they dont renew the loan or sign permanently.

That is not saving money that is just totally wasting 24m or so over a season.

EdmondDantes

How is Blanc planning to keep Angel motivated throughout the season? He's incredibly talented but has become so much different since his Benfica days. Does anyone else think his friendship with David Luiz is the main reason he wanted to go to Paris all along last season prior to signing for United?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Ah, you probably meant 800k per week. I recall that you Brits were weird that way (per week instead of per year like everybody else says it). :p

S7_MUFC

A bit much to vastly over pay for a player like Falcao then claim it is a great thing the club have lowered wages when they dont renew the loan or sign permanently.

That is not saving money that is just totally wasting 24m or so over a season.

we wasted 24 million from last season's budget but the point was that money will be available to pay another player who hopefully will justify his wages...

R

Ryu Hayabusa

£8m of that fee has gone straight into the Real bank account btw.

If they really even managed to implement an additional transfer % fee, then United were even more stupid/desperate in the negotiations than everybody already thought.

Home of Barca Fans