Ángel Di María

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we count the entire UK then Edinburgh comes high up the list. Majestic. Loved it when I was there.

This doesn't make any sense for a number of reasons:

1. Messi came up and developed with Barcelona.

2. Suarez is one player.

3. The EPL would be garbage if it couldn't pillage the French league which explains why yesterday(Thierry) and today(Hazard) their best players hail from Ligue 1.

Missed the point by so much, it's laughable :lol:

Since you didn't get it the first time, Suarez and Messi cut their teeth in the toughest leagues in the world. Messi dominates La Liga and is arguably the GOAT and you'll never see him spend his prime in a second rate league. Suarez beasted in both Liga and EPL. If you want more examples, Fat Ronaldo did it in Italy (#1 at the time) and Spain, Aguero, Batistuta, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Neymar atm, man, I can go on and on tbh. They are all world class players who spent their prime/are spending their prime in the best leagues of their era. Fact of the matter is, ADM chose an easier path of ensured silverware with PSG, and I can admit that despite him being my favorite player since he was in RM.

Oh thanks for pointing out how EPL, Liga and even BuLi continually raid Ligue 1. Just shows that, even to the players, they know that Ligue 1 is one step lower than the rest and could not wait to leave for greener pastures :lol:

Beast

The Observer
Duh.. comparing the weather of England to Norway is like comparing who makes the better car FIAT or Vauxhall .. both are shit and shouldn't be driven ...

there is no weather like the southern parts of Europe.. there is a proper sea hence you spend your vacation on the beach so you won't feel those 30-40 C heat .. if that's what you call a heat !!

Anyhow i feel bad for Di Maria.. i really hoped we take him back from United... it's not just about the weather but LVG has a very long history of falling out with Argie's talented players... he likes soldiers and doesn't take flair & creativity without his tactics lightly... ADM will improve PSG greatly .. i love Paris but hate the Parisians but having ADM on one side & Lucas on the other side will be devastating to any team

Unbiased United

The only truly nice English cities I can name that I've been to are London and Sheffield, Nottingham and Southampton aren't bad either, but they're on the shelf lower down along with Manchester and possibly Birmingham. Central London is great for what it is. I presume it's a lot like Manchester given most people only travel to the town centre and live further out. Sadly though the latter is far more of a shithole, because of the bigger influence of northern (and Welsh) culture and architecture. Sheffield is a perfect city. Never lived there, but I'd love to since it genuinally didn't look like it had a bad side to it.

There are a lot of nice English cities and a lot are nicer than London (as an whole) and sheffield too. http://www.examiner.com/article/the-ten-most-beautiful-cities-england - I've not been to all these cities but I've been to about half and if you have any appreciation for anything else but the sun then you can't help but be impressed.

If we count the entire UK then Edinburgh comes high up the list. Majestic. Loved it when I was there.

Agreed. Big rivalry between the English and the Scots but I can't deny much of the country is really nice. The highlands are stunning too.

Some parts of France are nice nice but I really wasn't impressed with Paris when I was there and the weather was shit (for those who like the sun anyway). I think Di Maria might be in for a shock if he's expecting a return to a city like Madrid or a similar sunny climate. I'm sure he'll be much better there though when he can cope with the strength and speed of the players he's against. PSG will have to get serious though because the reported opening bid is beyond a joke.

Jair Ventura

Missed the point by so much, it's laughable :lol:

*yawn*

Since you didn't get it the first time, Suarez and Messi cut their teeth in the toughest leagues in the world. Messi dominates La Liga and is arguably the GOAT and you'll never see him spend his prime in a second rate league. Suarez beasted in both Liga and EPL. If you want more examples, Fat Ronaldo did it in Italy (#1 at the time) and Spain, Aguero, Batistuta, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Neymar atm, man, I can go on and on tbh. They are all world class players who spent their prime/are spending their prime in the best leagues of their era.

Suarez established himself at Ajax whereas Messi developed with Barcelona. No different than Thierry with Monaco, Drogba with Marseille, Zidane with Bordeaux, Cech with Rennes, Makelele with Nantes, or Ronaldinho with PSG. The difference being La Liga and Barcelona specifically possesses the financial stability to hold onto its players whereas Ligue 1 does not. That doesn't make the league second rate, it makes them cash poor.

Fact of the matter is, ADM chose an easier path of ensured silverware with PSG, and I can admit that despite him being my favorite player since he was in RM.

Fact of the matter is PSG is a stronger club than Man U, and had the Parisians not been restricted by FFP last season Di Maria would have never landed in Manchester to begin with. But perhaps you are correct, and he prefers Paris to United because the latter gives him a greater chance at success in European competitions.

Oh thanks for pointing out how EPL, Liga and even BuLi continually raid Ligue 1. Just shows that, even to the players, they know that Ligue 1 is one step lower than the rest and could not wait to leave for greener pastures :lol:

The Bundesliga doesn't raid anyone as they're competent in youth development as well as strong enough financially to hold onto their players. La Liga has suffered similarly to Ligue 1 as of late but to a lesser extent, otherwise you'd have never seen the departures from the league of Falcao, Costa, Sanchez, Silva, Bacca, Cazrola, Herrera, Bellerin, or Di Maria himself. Now, maybe these players left Spain for England because they realized, like you have, that the EPL is a step up. Or maybe the moves had more to do with the financial advantages one league enjoys over its peers. Whatever the case, there's a yawning chasm of a difference between being financially strong and being strong on the pitch, else wise the EPL would dominant in Europe. And they do not. :coffee:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Leaving the Premier league for the french league is a step down.

I'm not saying it because I'm hyping up the premier league and thinking its greater than anything etc. Because it isn't. But sorry the Premier League is a much more competitive and harder league than the french league. In terms of opposition anyone going to PSG will face lower class of opposition on a regular basis. Therefore it is a step down.

Where the french league excels is at developing players. It's probably amongst the top 3 divisions in europe in terms of developing talented players.

Di Maria would have gone to PSG last summer because of the money, climate & Language, easier rate of success. Not because PSG are a bigger or brighter prospect than playing for Man Utd. Because with all things being equal ANY player would chose Man Utd over PSG - and this is a Liverpool supporter saying that.

El Gato

Villarato!
There are a lot of nice English cities and a lot are nicer than London (as an whole) and sheffield too. http://www.examiner.com/article/the-ten-most-beautiful-cities-england - I've not been to all these cities but I've been to about half and if you have any appreciation for anything else but the sun then you can't help but be impressed.

If we're on about the 10 then I've been to Lincoln, London, shifted around the Hampshire where most things look similar which I guess lets me tick Winchester. I've also passed by Oxford, York and didn't really go further north other than passing by Northumberland. Indeed Lincoln is nice, not excellent all around but just nice. In fact most of these places are nice. I wasn't stating that England as a whole is ugly.

But you know what the funny thing is? - 90% of these don't have a slightest thing to do with football. Which says it all really - you don't join a football club in England while knowing you're gonna move to a genuinally nice city. Not every footballer is made of that mould, which doesn't surprise me that numerous players from Italy or Spain don't actually want to stay there. Many are on the professional side because they recognise that they're joining a club to learn how to be great at football and compete in a great league, not to live in a nice place while doing it. But eventually they could get the itch to take that offer from Madrid or Barcelona.

Now imagine doing that the other way round like Angel has.. Rolling in misery..

oggydude

LVG doesn't know where he is, and he hasn't turned up for preseason, that is just disrespectful when you are are getting paid 150k+ week. Will be amazing for a counter attacking team but he cannot keep possession at all and has the Nani curse when it comes to consistency .

Jair Ventura

Where will he play [MENTION=19661]Juvens[/MENTION] ?

Surely one of Ibra, Cavani, Pastore and Lucas misses out with his arrival?

I haven't the slightest clue to be honest. The weak link there for me is Cavani, but I imagine Lucas will suffer the most. Seems an unnecessary purchase imo, but adding a player of Di Maria's quality can always be beneficial through European competitions.

Home of Barca Fans