Anthony Martial

Yannik

French media is almost united that the fee for Anthony Martial is €80m overall, €60m straight, €15m in guaranteed incentives and €5m in performance related bonuses.

they are usually "united" because there is the same source they are all quoting from.
For some reaosn I believe that United will find some way to downplay the sum in the media, or mabye they dont officially mention it at all.

Sterlingfan2000

2hnw3r6.png
[/IMG]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Does anyone remember that 20 years ago, the idea behind signing young players was that they were cheap because they werent great players YET but about to become that after the buying club puts years of work into him? It was considered a great method for clubs, to spare money to the expense of not having a great player from the start straightaway, but that player might become that in 3-4 years.

Nowadays it seems as if there is no justification behind signing young players anymore, because practically they cost as much as ready-made players. The whole point of why young-players are smart investions goes completely missing.
Why would I sign a young player, who MIGHT become great in 4 years for 60m, if I could technically buy an already experienced and amazing striker aged 24-27 on his peak for that money?

I think clubs still want to sign as many young talents as they can because first, they are young so their untapped potential is supposedly big and you never know which ones will turn out to be really good and secondly, most young players are still relatively cheap (Martial is certainly an outlier given the circumstances. Just look at all the youth Spanish talents Real Madrid racked up in the past two years, most of them cost peanuts) so their risk of investment is still relatively low.

Yannik

Surely Charlie Austin for £15 million was a better bet? 18 goals last season and proven in the league.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Shaw is nowhere close to Alaba, let alone Rodriguez or Kurzawa

I think your syntax is wrong here.

Correct is: Shaw is nowhere close to Rodriguez or Kurzawa, let alone Alaba.

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

I think your syntax is wrong here.

Correct is: Shaw is nowhere close to Rodriguez or Kurzawa, let alone Alaba.

Alaba is definitely the benchmark for young full backs but Shaw isn't that far behind others and considering he is english and technically brilliant I don't get the criticism we get for signing him...People confuse his lack of output statistically with other aspects of his game such as his close control and technical ability..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Damn.... This reeks of desperation. Man Utd really messed up with quite a few things this window.

Home of Barca Fans