Anthony Martial

S7_MUFC

No Barca paid 56m for him if the payment to his father is to be regarded as wages.

Neymar was sought after by every big club in europe, a lot of whom were offering more money anyway.

How much did Barca pay to Santos and other rights holders? I thought 3rd party right holders were swindled big time by Neymar's dad..

F

Flavia

Wait ? Didn't Barcelona pay €100mil for Neymar ? A teenage that had never played in Europe ?

Teenager? He was 21 when he joined. And he was already proven with the Brazil NT. Hardly comparable.

How much did Barca pay to Santos and other rights holders? I thought 3rd party right holders were swindled big time by Neymar's dad..

Santos got around 12m, and the other holders got 6m to share, at most. That's why there're still so much problems. Most of the money went to Neymar Sr.

Devils

And people criticise our transfers this window.

United is an absolute circus. Remember how SAF said the game has gone mad after United lost out to Lucas Moura a few years ago? Well United are leading the madness now after this transfer.

Dave Saves

And people criticise our transfers this window.

United is an absolute circus. Remember how SAF said the game has gone mad after United lost out to Lucas Moura a few years ago? Well United are leading the madness now after this transfer.

I'd like to disagree, but I can't :(

It's the worst run clubs that do most of their business on the deadline day. We have practically sat on out backsides after signing Schneiderlin, and it's like we have suddenly woken up.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
We better buy Bernardo Silva in January, or he will cost us 150m euros in the summer.

I like him too, but after this Martial deal, I don't think they'll let him go for any less than what Martial is going for. Thanks Man Utd.

S7_MUFC

It's the worst run clubs that do most of their business on the deadline day. We have practically sat on out backsides after signing Schneiderlin, and it's like we have suddenly woken up.

Selling Di Maria also looks ridiculous now because we are wasting that money on Martial..

Jombi

I like him too, but after this Martial deal, I don't think they'll let him go for any less than what Martial is going for. Thanks Man Utd.

I guess Sofiane Boufal from Lille for 40m euros is an option. Nabil Fekir will probably cost 150m euros at least.

Last edited:

Howes

It's a extreamly well run club, they've just signed the biggest shirt deal in history with the largest TV deal in footballs history.

JamDav1982

It's a extreamly well run club, they've just signed the biggest shirt deal in history with the largest TV deal in footballs history.

The commercial side and sporting side are two different things.

Real make more money than Barca but are not better run on the sporting side for example.

Dave Saves

Not that well run on the footballing side. Financially we're a behemoth. That's why we'll keep on trying until we stumble upon a successful formula.

Jombi

Not that well run on the footballing side. Financially we're a behemoth. That's why we'll keep on trying until we stumble upon a successful formula.

The commerical aspect is mostly because you happen to be located in England (massive advantage to globalize the league) and was lucky being the best club at a time when the sport went global.

JamDav1982

The commerical aspect is mostly because you happen to be located in England (massive advantage to globalize the league) and was lucky being the best club at a time when the sport went global.

It is more the other way round.

The EPL is huge world wide due to Man Utd more than anything else.

Jombi

It is more the other way round.

The EPL is huge world wide due to Man Utd more than anything else.

Nah, it requires far more than just a popular club to be a popular league. The media in the devoloping world are the ones who promote the leagues and when the best educated journalists in the developing world speak English, the promotion of the EPL was all but guaranteed. That's why La Liga is so popular in Latin America as well. But Latin America is a tiny market compared to the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Dave Saves

Well every club has certain advantages, this is ours. FC Barcelona enjoys its own privileges being in one of the best cities in the Latin world and having Messi and therefore having a level of attraction for players that only Real Madrid exceeds.

Home of Barca Fans