Anthony Martial

oggydude

The Glazers were absolutely ruthless in making United a money making machine for them, and reached commercial progress for football that no one imagined was possible however have run the club in footballing terms very poorly even with Fergie, replacing the likes of Ronaldo/Tevez with Valencia/Owen was evident of that, and the whole no value in the market was bull as deals such as Veron/Ferdinand/Rooney proved that Fergie was never afraid of spending fortunes in the transfer market and constantly braking records, its not like he couldn't adapt he spent a record 3.75m on Keane only for 9 years later spending a record 30m on Rio.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well every club has certain advantages, this is ours. FC Barcelona enjoys its own privileges being in one of the best cities in the Latin world and having Messi and therefore having a level of attraction for players that only Real Madrid exceeds.

Maybe you should consider a username change :p

JamDav1982

Nah, it requires far more than just a popular club to be a popular league. The media in the devoloping world are the ones who promote the leagues and when the best educated journalists in the developing world speak English, the promotion of the EPL was all but guaranteed. That's why La Liga is so popular in Latin America as well.

You think the best educated journalists in the world made it their mission to promote the English league in Asia, Africa etc during the 1980s?

It is much more to do with popular clubs and the desire to watch them.

Otherwise there would be no reason for the likes of La Liga to be popular in the rest of europe compared to German, French etc but it is due to having two huge clubs that people want to watch.

Darko

It's like in Football manager when you send a small cheeky bid for a great youngster but accidentaly click "accept" when they respond with a crazy 80M counter offer that they think you will reject.

Dave Saves

Maybe you should consider a username change :p

I'd love a name change, don't know what the policy is on here regarding that. Don't post on here that often and may well be mistaken for Madridista (eugh!) if I post again sometime later in the season.

JamDav1982

Well every club has certain advantages, this is ours. FC Barcelona enjoys its own privileges being in one of the best cities in the Latin world and having Messi and therefore having a level of attraction for players that only Real Madrid exceeds.

You think players want to play for Real more than Barca?

Who is the last player that turned down Barca to play for them?

Suarez, Neymar and the majority of current Barca players will have turned down Real at some point.

S7_MUFC

I'd love a name change, don't know what the policy is on here regarding that. Don't post on here that often and may well be mistaken for Madridista (eugh!) if I post again sometime later in the season.

Dave Flaps would be a good username..

Morten

50m or more for this kid? United must be getting desperate. Its almost as i wish that we grab him, just to piss off United :lol: And who knows, he might be a suitable backup, expensive backup.

IamGundogan

£36M confirmed from United, not sure how many bonuses yet or what they will be for.

Anyway, I hear PL clubs are ruining the market? But the 4 most expensive transfers of all time are from the big 2 in Spain (Ronaldo/Bale/Suarez/Neymar).

Bloody La Liga! Ruining football and inflating the market!!! Makes me sick really.

S7_MUFC

£36M confirmed from United, not sure how many bonuses yet or what they will be for.

Anyway, I hear PL clubs are ruining the market? But the 4 most expensive transfers of all time are from the big 2 in Spain (Ronaldo/Bale/Suarez/Neymar).

Bloody La Liga! Ruining football and inflating the market!!! Makes me sick really.

:lol:
Can't find any confirmation from United and I think the fee will be reported as undisclosed..

Last edited:

IamGundogan

:lol:
Can't find any confirmation from United and I think the fee will be reported as undisclosed..

Mr Auclair stated it was £36M as did RMC yday and they're 2 of the most reliable sources in France. Also, everyone in the UK stating it as £36M.

There's probably bonuses (appearance, winning titles and individual goals achieved) and if those bonuses get activated, he would have been a success.

Home of Barca Fans