Antoine Griezmann

Ubermensch

I declare again we must get him in the future. He is made for playing for us. The best all round attacking player aged under 25 just behind Neymar right now.

Now the chance is there. If ATM is banned for the next season for buying players, they will be dying to bind him to play for one more, 16/17, season. Then he will probably be available for sale in the summer of 2017. By then Messi and Suarez will be 30, and with the 2018 World Cup looming which is probably Messi's last chance to win it, I imagine someone will be able to persuade MSN to accept more rotations. Then that will be a perfect timing to bring Griezmann in.

He certainly won't be cheap but absolutely better than spending 100M on an overhyped Pogba or other nonsense. Hope Lucho and the board see this. Let him know we are interested in him this summer and get him next.

El Flaco

I don't want to jinx but since Grizi joined Atleti, he only scored one goal in his games against Madrid, Barca, Valencia, Sevilla & Villarreal.

He doesn't score against big clubs, kind of a weakness.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't want to jinx but since Grizi joined Atleti, he only scored one goal in his games against Madrid, Barca, Valencia, Sevilla & Villarreal.

True. But they generally don't score many goals, do they.

J

Jamie Cal

Yeah, this is definitely worth, but I think a big part of that is that they're not very good going forward in general other than him. You stop Griezmann and set pieces and they've got precious little. That's why I've said all along that if Martinez doesn't step up to his valuation that I didn't fear them THAT much, even when they went top.

Also -- thanks for the gifs above, man!

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I'm more scared of Torres who always turns it on against us and RM. Plus, he's looking to get that 100th goal for AM.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
How is there no Carrasco thread on here yet? Guy terrorized our defence at times today. I haven't shat myself so badly since Di Maria used to run at our defenders like that. Unstoppable dribbling.

Home of Barca Fans