Antoine Griezmann

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What an idiotic decision to stay in Madrid. Well done you fucking clown now enjoy in mediocrity.

Why not? He is getting paid handsomely there and he is inarguably their No.1 player.

In the league they still have a chance (especially since they are out of the CL now). In the CL who is to say that we will fare better?

Seriously, nobody knows whether Griezmann would do better if he had come here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Might honestly be the best fit for us beside Messi and Dembele and be the scorer we need that can play anywhere in the front three. Not a pure CF, but we might not need that if we move the ball fast enough and have several outlets to play through.

Why not? He is getting paid handsomely there and he is inarguably their No.1 player.
In the league they still have a chance (especially since they are out of the CL now). In the CL who is to say that we will fare better?

Seriously, nobody knows whether Griezmann would do better if he had come here.

Come on Luft, no one actually believes that.

If we don't win the league next season Real Madrid are more likely than Atletico to win it.

Vilarrubi

Might honestly be the best fit for us beside Messi and Dembele and be the scorer we need that can play anywhere in the front three. Not a pure CF, but we might not need that if we move the ball fast enough and have several outlets to play through.

Gutted we missed out on him. His passing and build up play is world class.. definitely something we needed in a striker and not just a target man.

Devils

"Either I can go to Barca and be just another player, or I can stay at Atleti and be Ronaldo's eternal bitch" - Griezmann

It's over, dawg.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Come on Luft, no one actually believes that.

If we don't win the league next season Real Madrid are more likely than Atletico to win it.

I mean this season, not next season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I mean this season, not next season.

They have absolutely no chance this season, or the next season or the season after.

Simeone's style of play doesn't win you league titles. 2013/14 was an outlier, where we should have won had it not been for a refereeing decision. They're a Tournament, KO style team that's started to choke when it matters in the last year or so.

Leo_Messi

Now Griezmann is a choker as well according to the geniuses here?:lol:

The real MVP of the last World Cup? The guy that won Atlético the Europa League. That defeated RM in the European Super Cup. All within less than 1 year. The guy that is almost the sole creator at Atlético? The guy that has kept them alive offensively since 2014? The guy that helped them reach the CL-final in 2016 and was only a penalty shootout (Russian roulette) from winning it? The best player and top scorer at the EURO's in 2016 as well. That guy?

What a choker, indeed.:facepalm:

Griezmann is world class. To deny his class is to be either blind or biased.

However as good as he was in the first leg as bad he and most importantly Atlético as a TEAM were. Similarly Simeone.

WTF is Griezmann expected to do when Atlético's sole tactic yesterday was to sit back with 8 players and kick long inaccurate passes to Griezmann and a pathetically bad Morata? What can those two do against 5-6 Juve players in the middle of the pitch or 10-20 meters into the Juve half? Nothing. No player would have done anything yesterday as the Atlético midfield was nowhere to be seen and the team as a whole were pathetically bad.

Give me Griezmann every day of the week over this current version of Donkey Suárez. No brainer. If we had had Griezmann we might have had an attacker that would have scored more than 4 goals in 4 CL seasons or something alike in the CL.:lol::facepalm:

Last edited:
ATM had zero chance yesterday and Griezmann nearly zero ball, so I'm not sure how it's on him or what he could have done.

Replace Griezmann with Messi yesterday in ATM team and you get the exact same result. Football is a team game you know.

I suspect Messi even at 31 could have done a quite bit more.

Griezmann is a striker/finisher never known to dribble multiple players consistently like Messi even at 31.

Cule4life

The Culest
I suspect Messi even at 31 could have done a quite bit more.

Like he has done in the past years in the CL? :lol:

People are slating Griezmann for choosing the money and the bus parkers over Barca. Not even Messi would have done anything yesterday in that coward team led by their bus driver manager. Football is a team sport.

Arizona Scott

People are really here comparing him to Coutinho and saying he’s an idiot for staying at Aletico. The comparison to Coutinho isn’t even worth entertaining and the latter is what most club supporters want in their players, loyalty..., something the same people (probably) in the Neymar thread bash him for everyday.

One left Barca either for money or because he felt he wasn't special enough to shine here, and the other one teased and dragged along Barca while also saying he was going to be a part of winning trophies Barca us also competing for--not inconsistent to bash both.

Arizona Scott

Now Griezmann is a choker as well according to the geniuses here?:lol:

I for one am not blaming Atletico's epic meltdown on him, but that doesn't mean we can't gloat that he is laying in the soiled bed he chose when he was one of the few world players Barca has actually fully targeted and wooed.

He is a great player and I would have welcomed him at Barca and I think he would have made the team better. But the fancy dancy little punk strung us along and stayed with a direct rival, so of a handful of players to have his team go out like that I don't mind that he is part of it.

Morten

I for one am not blaming Atletico's epic meltdown on him, but that doesn't mean we can't gloat that he is laying in the soiled bed he chose when he was one of the few world players Barca has actually fully targeted and wooed.

He is a great player and I would have welcomed him at Barca and I think he would have made the team better. But the fancy dancy little punk strung us along and stayed with a direct rival, so of a handful of players to have his team go out like that I don't mind that he is part of it.

Rival? You guys dont actually have domestic rivals anymore, much like Juve, the only rivals you will find is in CL.

Leo_Messi

It did not bother me at all. In fact I applauded his decision to stay at Atlético (although I wanted him to play for us) and not choose the easy option and be guaranteed trophies. A bit of loyalty is needed nowadays and I want as strong as possible rivals domestically. RM and Atlético (Valencia, Sevilla and others too) can do very well in the CL each season too and it won't bother me as long as they don't defeat us or win the trophy. In the case of Atlético I would not really mind them winning the CL for that matter let alone the likes of Valencia or Sevilla or others.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans