Antoine Griezmann

Rory

He's one of the only forwards in world football that has the ability to play the one two passes Messi has used his whole career to score from and this coach decides to play him on the opposite wing where they will never combine.

mc_lovin

Thats the thing with him. Hes a terrible fit on the left, but hes working hard enough and is technically very good. That inspires me with more hope than Coutinho and Dembele... I imagine he would have burried Dembeles chances against Liverpool for example.

But he wont take the world by storm playing that position.

Porque

To be fair to Coutinho, his first half season was better than both Dembele and Griezmann.

Griezmann on the left looks like he will be a bit like Henry in 09. Out of position and not at his best, but able to provide a solid first 11 output based off of his ability with small flashes of brilliance.

Alik

Excellent link-up play, first-touch, finishing and work-rate.

He's looking more and more comfortable at Barça each match.

kattanib

I think if he reaches 20 goals playing out of position , he should be considered a success all things considered.

His first season so far is better than Neymar’s all things considered. He scored thus far more la liga goals than Dembele’s Barca career all things considered. Many Barca fans are ungrateful brats all things considered.

kattanib

To be fair to Coutinho, his first half season was better than both Dembele and Griezmann.

Griezmann on the left looks like he will be a bit like Henry in 09. Out of position and not at his best, but able to provide a solid first 11 output based off of his ability with small flashes of brilliance.

Yes because he is a player of class

Andrew M

I'd put David Villa in that bracket too.

Centauri B

I'd put David Villa in that bracket too.

Just recall all the awesome players Barca has thrown into that left-attacking position in recent years: a) Henry, b) Iniesta (in a few big games as well), c) David Villa, d) Alexis Sanchez, e) Neymar, f) Dembele, g) Coutinho and now Greaseman!

Surely I must be forgetting somebody. But, my point is that we have always faced this issue.

kattanib

Just recall all the awesome players Barca has thrown into that left-attacking position in recent years: a) Henry, b) Iniesta (in a few big games as well), c) David Villa, d) Alexis Sanchez, e) Neymar, f) Dembele, g) Coutinho and now Greaseman!

Surely I must be forgetting somebody. But, my point is that we have always faced this issue.

Dembele doesn’t deserve to be placed causally in that list .. I see what you did. He needs to prove himself as a player before one can place his name beside the name of well respected and accomplished players

Centauri B

Dembele doesn’t deserve to be placed causally in that list .. I see what you did. He needs to prove himself as a player before one can place his name beside the name of well respected and accomplished players

I agree. It's just that Barca paid top money for him and threw him into that position. In terms of accomplishment in football, Dembele doesn't deserve to be there for sure.

Home of Barca Fans