Antoine Griezmann

behindbrowneyes

Even if we sell him, how much can we get for him ? 50 mio ? I dont think that anyone would pay more. 50-120 = -70 :p

I repeat myself. 120M was only the initial fee. Barcelona paid another 15M to Atletico to not publish e-mails that show their negotiation with Griezmann before his release clause dropped to 120M. In Summer, his value in the books will still be 81M. Any sell under that sum is a loss for Barca in the books.

Havesaks

I dont get the hate for him right now? He is doing pretty well especially since he isnt playing his favourite position. If Messi wont take a huge wage cut, he will fit perfectly as the new Messi for the next 3-4 seasons.

Havesaks

I repeat myself. 120M was only the initial fee. Barcelona paid another 15M to Atletico to not publish e-mails that show their negotiation with Griezmann before his release clause dropped to 120M. In Summer, his value in the books will still be 81M. Any sell under that sum is a loss for Barca in the books.

Because they were illegal or what?

JamDav1982

That 15m for 'first options' is not really part of the fee and not on his value on the accounts even if linked to his transfer.

Whether they had signed him or not that 15m would still be paid due to the negotiations.

Griezmann value on the books is 72m this summer.

FC B

Even if we sell him, how much can we get for him ? 50 mio ? I dont think that anyone would pay more. 50-120 = -70 :p

That would still be great given the circumstances, 50 mill for a useless player that is also a on huge wages would be gold atm, doubt somebody will pay that amount for him in the summer but one can hope.

behindbrowneyes

Because they were illegal or what?

Because they are prove that Barca and Griezmann negotiated before his buyout dropped to 120M.

That 15m for 'first options' is not really part of the fee and not on his value on the accounts even if linked to his transfer.

Whether they had signed him or not that 15m would still be paid due to the negotiations.

Griezmann value on the books is 72m this summer.

Good to know. Thanks for clarification.

JamDav1982

That would still be great given the circumstances, 50 mill for a useless player that is also a on huge wages would be gold atm, doubt somebody will pay that amount for him in the summer but one can hope.

Unless it was to bring in a CF I dont think Barca would sell him for 50m next summer if Messi is gone.

Could see it more being Griezmann false nine/Depay back up and Ansu LW with both of them able to cover there also.

Messi983

This.

Keep him for another year then selling him for around 50m and we'd be around even on the books.

His wages are obvious a different problem but imo we shoud lower wages in other ways (one will be letting Messi leave for free which I still think he'll do) not selling a player with a big loss on the books. We'll probably already have to take some loss on Coutinho although he only has 2 more years on the contract so his unamortized costs will only be around 50m and that loss probably shouldn't be too big. He's also much more useless than Griezmann and should be the first one to be sold.

Havesaks

Who wants to carry his wages with the output he delivers? He wont go for some big transfer fee.

The same situation, just worse, we have with Coutinho, high wages, low transfer sum, even giving him away for a symbolic 10m I would consider a win. We still owe LFC 20-25m if he plays 100 games here, so thats basically 30-35m we save.

Edit: Are those numbers correct? https://fcbarcelonalatestnews.com/fc-barcelona-players-wages/ COutinho only 8,5m?? And Griezmann 46m??? couitnho must be bayern wages or what? when he took paycut

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Who wants to carry his wages with the output he delivers? He wont go for some big transfer fee.

The same situation, just worse, we have with Coutinho, high wages, low transfer sum, even giving him away for a symbolic 10m I would consider a win. We still owe LFC 20-25m if he plays 100 games here, so thats basically 30-35m we save.

That is not true about Liverpool being owed that much for 100 games from Coutinho.

Be better if it was as chance to have saved money on transfer but it isnt.

Havesaks

That is not true about Liverpool being owed that much for 100 games from Coutinho.

Be better if it was as chance to have saved money on transfer but it isnt.

Oh sorry. I guess you are right,
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...e-coutinho-join-barcelona-142m-deal-liverpool

Barcelona have put together a package worth a basic fee of ?106m, plus a further ?36m in variables, of which ?26m should be easily met. After the ?105m basic, an additional ?17m would be payable for the first 100 games Coutinho plays for Barcelona, ?4.4m per 25 games. A further ?4.4m would be paid for Champions League qualification in the first two seasons with a ?4.4m bonus for winning the competition. Coutinho has agreed a five-and-a-half-year deal worth ?12.1m a season.

Home of Barca Fans