Antoine Griezmann

Rassvet

THAT'S MY FUCKING MANAGER ERNERSTO BLUD VERDE

The sporting staff recommended against the signing of Griezmann, and Valverde was not keen either. One day, Leo Messi asked Ernesto Valverde what position Griezmann would play if he was signed. Valverde simply lowered his head and did not say a single word.

? @ErnestFolch

Wow, Valverde keeps getting vindicated more and more with time.

Richard.H

Valverde was a true yes man. In hindsight, he was the perfect manager for that team of egos and the shithouse board. EV had a lot of maturity. I am not so sure if he knew what he was getting into. I am sure he realized how bad the situation was once Neymar left. Nothing he could do and if he wanted to keep his job he knew he couldn't go against Club de Amigos and the board.

SmilerBam

I understand why the club was so fixated on letting him go (large salary and amortization) so we could make more room for the salary cap, but to let him return to Atletico Madrid and reinforce our director competitor in the league is just dumb.

I know a lot of people hates Griezmann but I am going to miss him. He does more than being given credit for.

Also, Luuk De Jong?? WTF? A 31-year-old player who is clumsy with the ball, is more threatening aerially than anything else, needs service more than anybody else, a Sevilla reject?? He is going to be useless for us.

Yeah, i don t understand the transfer of Luuk De Jong. Baffling.

FinBarcelonafan

Valverde was a true yes man. In hindsight, he was the perfect manager for that team of egos and the shithouse board. EV had a lot of maturity. I am not so sure if he knew what he was getting into. I am sure he realized how bad the situation was once Neymar left. Nothing he could do and if he wanted to keep his job he knew he couldn't go against Club de Amigos and the board.

They were talking about this in the Galacticos documentary, how to control the dressing room or players(Galactico/Amigo level). The coach has two options. He can take control by going over the players(I am bigger, listen to me etc) and be above them, or go lower and let the players be stars(He lets the players be the stars and let them do what they want basically, a lot of holidays and freedom). Ernesto chose to be under the players and Setien tried the opposite and failed miserably.

So in a sense, Ernie played it perfectly.

Last edited:

Birdy

When the captains of the dressing room found out about Griezmann's imminent signing through the press, they asked president Bartomeu immediately. He lied to them, saying that it was not true and that Neymar is coming.

? @ErnestFolch

My president

Plus, this part by Ernest Folch:

"@BarcaUniversal
?
14h
Antoine Griezmann was never signed for sporting reasons. Bartomeu was obsessed in shifting the power inside the dressing room. He wanted to reduce the influence of Messi and Su?rez with his signing."

LOOOOOL:lol:
How stupid a man can be?
Adding 40+m gross on a 600+m wage bill just to try to 'shift power', which everybody knows it cannot be shifted that way
and in doing so hampering the team on the pitch

MTL_Barca

Honestly i'm not even sure what would be worse, them thinking Griezmann would be a good fit or signing him for reasons outside the pitch.

Interlop

So the purchase option becomes mandatory of he plays more than 50% of the games. Watch him get benched by Correa or get injured half the season.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Plus, this part by Ernest Folch:

"@BarcaUniversal
?
14h
Antoine Griezmann was never signed for sporting reasons. Bartomeu was obsessed in shifting the power inside the dressing room. He wanted to reduce the influence of Messi and Su?rez with his signing."

LOOOOOL:lol:
How stupid a man can be?
Adding 40+m gross on a 600+m wage bill just to try to 'shift power', which everybody knows it cannot be shifted that way
and in doing so hampering the team on the pitch

LOL 120mio for the dustbin

Home of Barca Fans