Arda Güler

BJJ

I don't know what exactly happened but I don't think he was pretending to be interested in signing with us. Maybe he genuinely wanted to sign with us before Madrid came along and hijacked the deal. That said, if there was really a "pre-agreement" or an agreement between him and us and he broke it, then yes, he is a piece of shit who has no credibility.

I have doubts about the 50m total cost figure, it seemed that only pro-Barça sources had reported such, have to take it with a grain of salt.
17 million fee plus 15 million commission for his father,10 million for agent plus rest in add one. That's what I heard from someone. Not sure if it's 100 percent correct.

Porque

Well I read that he agreed to the Barca move but preferred moving this season rather than wait a year.

Madrid came in and gave every demand wanted.

So, you know, our hands are tied in certain aspects.

I still say our offer should have been off the table once we left Turkey.

You can afford to do that with a prospect, but not with a world class player like Lewandowski or Haaland ofc.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Well I read that he agreed to the Barca move but preferred moving this season rather than wait a year.

Madrid came in and gave every demand wanted.

So, you know, our hands are tied in certain aspects.

I still say our offer should have been off the table once we left Turkey.

You can afford to do that with a prospect, but not with a world class player like Lewandowski or Haaland ofc.
Exactly what I heard. But the boy still has a loooooong way and Madrid "promised" him heavens - but in a way it's a win-win for them... sure they told him he will fight for a spot, and he will probably be given some chances here and there BUT if he doesn't live up to the hype they will drop him and say he has himself to blame and they can still sell him for about the same (something we could NEVER do knowing our history in the transfer market) because he's still young.

Porque

Exactly what I heard. But the boy still has a loooooong way and Madrid "promised" him heavens - but in a way it's a win-win for them... sure they told him he will fight for a spot, and he will probably be given some chances here and there BUT if he doesn't live up to the hype they will drop him and say he has himself to blame and they can still sell him for about the same (something we could NEVER do knowing our history in the transfer market) because he's still young.

I mean, we had a similar case with Pablo Torre. We promised him first team while Madrid wanted him in Castilla initially.

Then he didn't get opportunities in the first team and refused to go play in Barcelona B. Even refused a loan back to Racing Santander (who were now in Segunda compared to the lower league a year prior) and wanted to stay in the Barca first team.

Can see Guler going the same way initially, since (a) tactically he looks like a floater and those don't exist these days unless they adapt and grow off the ball (which signs look like he needs a a kick in the face to realise)

and (b) talents with more defined positional roles like Vini, Camavinga and even the older Tchoumeni have struggled with the Madrid adaption in their first seasons.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I mean, we had a similar case with Pablo Torre. We promised him first team while Madrid wanted him in Castilla initially.

Then he didn't get opportunities in the first team and refused to go play in Barcelona B. Even refused a loan back to Racing Santander (who were now in Segunda compared to the lower league a year prior) and wanted to stay in the Barca first team.

Can see Guler going the same way initially, since (a) tactically he looks like a floater and those don't exist these days unless they adapt and grow off the ball (which signs look like he needs a a kick in the face to realise)

and (b) talents with more defined positional roles like Vini, Camavinga and even the older Tchoumeni have struggled with the Madrid adaption in their first seasons.
"Similar" lol, only (and that's a BIG only) difference is once a player signs for Barca they almost never want to leave :ROFLMAO:

M3ls

I repeat once again - we do not need a player who is not ready to work without the ball and because of this has problems in the locker room with teammates.

We don't need such a player, even if it's Mbappe.

And we are talking about an 18-year-old puppy who has not yet achieved anything in big football.

Porque

Arda Güler: “I won’t leave on loan, this is not an option. I want to stay and play for Real Madrid”.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People are in denial if they don't believe we pay massive fees to agents and parents of players too. Lamine Yamal's dad is going to get a hefty sum when he is renewed the next time for sure.

Reason we didn't sign him is because he didn't want to stay in Turkey for another year as both Fener and Barca wanted, and we couldn't bring him in this year because we cannot register him.

khaled_a_d

People are in denial if they don't believe we pay massive fees to agents and parents of players too. Lamine Yamal's dad is going to get a hefty sum when he is renewed the next time for sure.

Reason we didn't sign him is because he didn't want to stay in Turkey for another year as both Fener and Barca wanted, and we couldn't bring him in this year because we cannot register him.

Of coarse we pay a lot, and every big club does that any way.
That doesn't mean you can't be out bid. Each club has a limt to what they can pay for certain players, even City had Arsenal out bid them for Rice

mc_lovin

He looks nowhere near ready physically. If he's as talented as Pedri he might have a shot, but Pedri also had 3 lungs.

Kul_z

So much hype on this kid. Didnt see a single match/highlight/whatever yet saw that he is some next prodigy/balondor whatever.

Home of Barca Fans