Arda Güler

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Fenerbahce's talent Arda Guler is a very concrete target for Barcelona. The Blaugrana are pushing to reach an agreement and get the deal done.

Barça new director, Deco, is leading the negotiation and some sources signal that he may has flown to Turkey today for a market-blitz. The former Portuguese legend rates very highly the 2005-born offensive midfielder.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If they get him ,they should sell Raphinia or Ferran.

Why? He will play as an attacking midfielder here most likely. Won't join before 2024 anyway if signed.
I mean I don't disagree with you about selling Ferran, but this transfer isn't going to be the one that moves the needle I'm afraid.

Andresito

Staff member
Not fully sold on him. I really hope these type of transfers don't hinder us in the future by making us strapped for cash.

We need players that make an impact instantly.

BJJ

Why? He will play as an attacking midfielder here most likely. Won't join before 2024 anyway if signed.
I mean I don't disagree with you about selling Ferran, but this transfer isn't going to be the one that moves the needle I'm afraid.
In midfield? We are pretty stacked. Even if we sold Kessie we would have Roberto,De Jong, Torre, Gavi, Pedri and Gundo.
He would be a rotation player at best.

mc_lovin

Not like Torre counts.

If Guler arrives next year and he’s good the idea should be to sell Raphina or Dembele. Should arguably do that anyway in regards to Lamine, who might be still too young though.

Porque

If Deco is all in does that mean he rates him higher than any emerging midfield talent in SA?

I think this is a case of opportunity in the market, that we don't really need. Looks excellent though on the highlights.

We're not Chelsea though to blow 20m coz he looks a bit pretty. Hope he works out.

Maybe if Deco was on board earlier he would have closed Kendry before Cheslea.

jamrock

The history of Turkish wingers is very poor, if we get him I hope he breaks that trend, I'll remain positive.

Nazario1985

In midfield? We are pretty stacked. Even if we sold Kessie we would have Roberto,De Jong, Torre, Gavi, Pedri and Gundo.
He would be a rotation player at best.
Stacked with average to mediocre except Pedri & Frankie
The kid is a talent to have for at least a decade some of the mediocre guys will make space for him

Home of Barca Fans