Arda Turan

Egert

Estonian Culé
Ahmed Bulut (agent Arda): "I'm very emotional ahead of his debut. He has suffered a lot, but for Barça, he'd have waited a year." [cope] :rockon:

JamDav1982

24m for a 29-year old who isn't as good as any of the players in his position.

His performances and what he brings will judge who is correct - you or Lucho.

I think he has been brought to lighten load on Iniesta and provide a great back up to thre front three or other midfielders.

The way Barca play Iniesta and Alves are often the main support to front three. No one in squad at moment can really replicate the role Iniesta does. Arda will be next best thing.

I don't agree at all with people who say he will replace Rakitic. Totally different type of players.

Jombi

24 million is a bargain these days

And newsflash as this season has shown depth matters

I think he is among the top 5 most expensive players in the world at that age. I can only think of Zidane, Luis Figo and Kaka being more expensive than him.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I think he is among the top 5 most expensive players 29 years or older in the world. I can only think of Zidane, Luis Figo and Kaka being more expensive than him.

His fee is nothing like those players in comparison. Those players were going for closer to 100m if looking at it with inflation of market. Probably more.

Jombi

His fee is nothing like those players in comparison. Those players were going for closer to 100m if looking at it with inflation of market. Probably more.

But he is still among the top 5 most expensive player in the world at that age as far as I can tell. People talk about the money in the Premier League but all of the most expensive players bought by a PL club at that age have been much cheaper than Arda.

JamDav1982

But he is still among the top 5 most expensive player in the world at that age as far as I can tell. People talk about the money in the Premier League but all of the most expensive players bought by a PL club at that age have been much cheaper than Arda.

Taking fees at face value is pointless you need to look at the market at moment.

He was 28 when signed and will play before 29 anyway.

Home of Barca Fans