Arda Turan

barcafan161

The expections are fine for him

He will bring a lot of positives and for us where we have lacked badly in bench depth he will be badly needed throughout the rest of the year

Jombi

You would have a point about DiMaria if price was similar but they paid twice as much for him despite Arda having much better season.

In this market Arda was not overly expensive.

The reason they paid 63m euros and not 41m euros is because of his age and his quality. Both with RM, with Argentina in the Copa America before he joined PSG and now with PSG Di Maria is among the top 10 best players in the world. Arda is good, but some people here might be disappointed the way he is rated by some. Its not even certain he'll be a starter.

Di Maria will have almost two full seasons at his peak age before he reaches Arda's age. That makes a huge difference in price.

No matter how we slice it, when a player is among the most expensive players in the world at that age, it is a huge amount of money. Especially for someone who isnt even sure to be a starter!

JamDav1982

Arda had better season than Di Maria.

Di Maria is not in the top ten players in the world and certainly never looked it at the Copa America.

Barca only pay 41m for Arda if his time at club is successful so will be worth it.

The fee paid for him was not near the top fees being paid or offered and was closer so fees that run if the mill players were heading to EPL for.

What are predicting he will be like for him not to be worth it?

Jombi

Arda had better season than Di Maria.

Di Maria is not in the top ten players in the world and certainly never looked it at the Copa America.

Barca only pay 41m for Arda if his time at club is successful so will be worth it.

The fee paid for him was not near the top fees being paid or offered and was closer so fees that run if the mill players were heading to EPL for.

What are predicting he will be like for him not to be worth it?

Sure, let's agree that to pay 41m euros and be the top 5 most expensive player in the world at that age is nothing for a player considered by many to be a squad player for us.

I am not saying he wont be useful but its delusional to say that it is not a huge amount of money.

Di Maria has been the best player of PSG this season, he was in the top 3 best player for RM and the same for Argentina. He is a great player, and I dont think Arda Turan has ever been on that level. Turan is more on the level of Daniel Parejo, Yacine Brahimi or Ander Herrera.

JamDav1982

Sure, let's agree that to pay 41m euros and be the top 5 most expensive player in the world at that age is nothing for a player considered by many to be a squad player for us.

I am not saying he wont be useful but its delusional to say that it is not a huge amount of money.

Di Maria has been the best player of PSG this season, he was in the top 3 best player for RM and the same for Argentina. He is a great player, and I dont think Arda Turan has ever been on that level. Turan is more on the level of Daniel Parejo, Yacine Brahimi or Ander Herrera.

Jesus Christ the fact you think Arda is on same level as Parejo explains things.

34m is not near the top fees going last summer much closer to a fairly standard fee amongst top teams.

Catalan Fan

If he's on our bench and say Don or Raki are miss firing, he's probably the only one that has the ability and experience to change a game around.Likewise if one of the midfielders suffers an injury and is out for a few weeks.He's quality imho.

That could prove vital in the run in.

xXKonan

Not really concerned about the Transfer fee.

He's quality and he's easily worth the Fee. 34 Million(42 Million all together) really isn't that bad considering He has proved to be a quality player for Galatasaray and Atletico.

God Serena

When our strongest XI is out there our bench looks absolutely pathetic. I don't see how anyone could complain about that changing for the better.

Jombi

Jesus Christ the fact you think Arda is on same level as Parejo explains things.

34m is not near the top fees going last summer much closer to a fairly standard fee amongst top teams.

Parejo was the main reason Valencia reached CL last season, scored 11 goals from his midfield position and had a much better season than Arda Turan. I think both Turan, Parejo and Brahimi are good players but they are not among the absolute elite. I said Turan's fee is among the top 5 most expensive transfers "at that age". He is 29 with no sell-on value and the risk is that he might drop off like Van Persie, Sneijder, Schweinsteiger and others have done as soon as they approach 30. A huge part of how transfer fees are decided is the age of the player. He will be useful, and he is treated more as a versatile squad player, which is fine but we shouldnt treat his price lightly.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I wonder if we signed him if we didn't have transfer ban though, I suspect that his willingness to wait half season has been a major factor in decision to signing him.

JamDav1982

Parejo was the main reason Valencia reached CL last season, scored 11 goals from his midfield position and had a much better season than Arda Turan. I said Turan's fee is among the top 5 most expensive transfers "at that age". He is 29 with no sell-on value and the risk is that he might drop off like Van Persie, Sneijder, Schweinsteiger and others have done as soon as they approach 30. A huge part of how transfer fees are decided is the age of the player. He will be useful, and he is treated more as a versatile squad player, which is fine but we shouldnt treat his price lightly.

I watch almost all the Valencia games and trust me Parejo is nowhere near as good as Turan he is average and gives away ball far too often. Goals from set pieces and pens are where he got ten from.

What do you mean by top 5 ever at that age? At 28/29?

You see be making out people are seeing him as bargain of the century or something when in reality people seem to be at most saying very good signing at a fair price for what he will bring.

Home of Barca Fans