Arda Turan

Jombi

Taking fees at face value is pointless you need to look at the market at moment.

He was 28 when signed and will play before 29 anyway.

I dont think it is pointless to point out that he is among the top 5 most expensive player at that age in the world. Let's take last summer or the summer before. What was the highest price a PL club paid for a 29 year old? Do you know?

JamDav1982

I dont think it is pointless to point out that he is among the top 5 most expensive player at that age in the world. Let's take last summer or the summer before. What was the highest price a PL club paid for a 29 year old? Do you know?

It would have been for Arda if he wanted to go.

Again he is not 29 not now and not when signed.

raki

Zidane was signed with near 30 for 75M. I dont see any madriddistas complaining.
He was a top 3 player from one of our biggest rivals. What do you expect? a bargain?

He´s gonna be 29 in the end of this month. Still has a lot to give.

2 of our sponsors: Beko and Lassa are Turkish and are delighted. Specially Lassa who sponsor the other sports who i love so much.

Turkey is going crazy with Arda premiere.

Last edited:

Jombi

It would have been for Arda if he wanted to go.

Again he is not 29 not now and not when signed.

He'll turn 29 in a few days just when he is ready to play for us.

No PL club has come even close to pay 41m euros for a player at that age in the last couple of years. He is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. People comparing him to prices of 22 year olds with their whole career ahead of them is silly.

JamDav1982

He'll turn 29 in a few days just when he is ready to play for us.

No PL club has come even close to pay 41m euros for a player at that age in the last couple of years. He is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. People comparing him to prices of 22 year olds with their whole career ahead of them is silly.

EPL teams wanted Arda so yes they were willing to pay it.

Villa was more expensive and a couple months younger in comparison when made debut.

At a time the equivalent was a lot more.

God Serena

He may not be a starter but he provides depth that our team seriously lacks. Now when we look to the bench we'll at least have a couple of players capable of filling in on the attack and midfield.

Jombi

EPL teams wanted Arda so yes they were willing to pay it.

Villa was more expensive and a couple months younger in comparison when made debut.

At a time the equivalent was a lot more.

I just find it interesting that a player who is one of the most expensive player at that age in the world is already called a "bargain" by some in here. Simply because they dont take into consideration the age of the player, which every club do when they fork out money for a player (which is the reason PL clubs or any other rich clubs generally dont pay that much money for players at that age).

JamDav1982

I just find it interesting that a player who is the most expensive player at that age in the world is already called a "bargain" by some in here, simply because they dont take into consideration the age of the player, which every club do when they fork out money for a player (which is the reason that PL clubs or any other rich clubs generally dont pay that much money for players at that age).

Again he is not the most expensive 28 year old. Or 29 year old for that matter.

Also EPL teams wanted him so they clearly are willing to pay that fee.

EPL don't pay big money for older players? Need to read up a bit more on it.

Jombi

Again he is not the most expensive 28 year old. Or 29 year old for that matter.

Also EPL teams wanted him so they clearly are willing to pay that fee.

EPL don't pay big money for older players? Need to read up a bit more on it.

Its not only EPL teams, any team in general dont pay huge amounts of money for players at that age simply because they have close to zero sell-on value and wont have many good seasons left in the tank, unlike say signing someone like Toni Kroos, Neymar, Dybala, James, De Bruyne or Douglas Costa.

I looked it up and Arda Turan was the 6th most expensive signing in the world last summer and by far the oldest out of those.

I'm not saying he is a failure or anything, but I think it is important to understand what decides the price of a player when assessing whether the price is right.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Its not only EPL teams, any team in general dont pay huge amounts of money for players at that age simply because they have close to zero sell-on value and wont have many good seasons left in the tank, unlike say signing someone like Toni Kroos, Neymar, James, De Bruyne or Douglas Costa.

I looked it up and Arda Turan was the 6th most expensive signing in the world last summer and by far the oldest.

Yet EPL teams wanted him and were prepared to pay the fee.

34m is not a huge amount for a player these days.

By far the oldest? Di Maria barely a year younger and went for twice as much.

You are talking a market where reams will pay close to 200m for the top players.

Jombi

Yet EPL teams wanted him and were prepared to pay the fee.

34m is not a huge amount for a player these days.

You are talking a market where reams will pay close to 200m for the top players.

41m euros for a player at that age is a huge amount.

Di Maria went for 63m euros at age 27 while Turan is for all intents and purposes 29 and went for 41m euros. The price of a player drops precipitously as they approach 30 so even just a few months matter when it comes to price. The only player I can think of that was quite expensive when he signed for an EPL team at the age Turan is was Van Persie who signed for Man U for €33m euros.

Last edited:

Jombi

Going rate in market for player that good. See Di Maria fee or see the fact other teams wanted to sign him.

Di Maria was much younger when PSG signed him so it affects the price. Every month count at that age when it comes to price and when Di Maria signed he was several months younger than even Luis Suarez when he made his debut for us.

I feel people have too high expectations of Arda here. Yeah, he is good, but both Di Maria and Luis Suarez have been among the top 10 best players in the world this season. People act as if Arda is likely to reach that level with us in a heartbeat.

JamDav1982

Di Maria was much younger when PSG signed him so it affects the price. Every month count at that age when it comes to price and when Di Maria signed he was several months younger than even Luis Suarez when he made his debut for us.

I feel people have too high expectations of Arda here. Yeah, he is good, but both Di Maria and Luis Suarez have been among the top 10 best players in the world this season. People act as if Arda is likely to reach that level with us in a heartbeat.

You would have a point about DiMaria if price was similar but they paid twice as much for him despite Arda having much better season.

In this market Arda was not overly expensive.

Home of Barca Fans