Arda Turan

JamDav1982

I wonder if we signed him if we didn't have transfer ban though, I suspect that his willingness to wait half season has been a major factor in decision to signing him.

Lucho asked for him and they made approach, that was before they knew if he would would wait or not.

I don't think it was a factor in them wanting him.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Lucho asked for him and they made approach, that was before they knew if he would would wait or not.

I don't think it was a factor in them wanting him.

Yeah he was asked by Lucho, but if we didn't have transfer ban Barto would have pushed hard for Pogba and he might have agreed and then Barto would have convinced Lucho to sign him, plan A was Pogba for Barto.

Jombi

I watch almost all the Valencia games and trust me Parejo is nowhere near as good as Turan he is average and gives away ball far too often. Goals from set pieces and pens are where he got ten from.

What do you mean by top 5 ever at that age? At 28/29?

You see be making out people are seeing him as bargain of the century or something when in reality people seem to be at most saying very good signing at a fair price for what he will bring.

I've watched plenty of Valencia over the years. Only 3 of those 11 goals were penalties. Comparatively Arda scored 2 goals last season and had less assists. Arda loses the ball more often than Parejo and his successful passing is worse than Parejo. I think you are seriously underestimating Parejo, he has been the best player for Valencia for years now and is a good player, but not among the elite, but neither are players like Turan or Herrera for example.

Regarding Arda, I just think people need to put his price into perspective. He comes as a useful backup/squad player at the age of 29. Compare his price to other players signed by top clubs as squad players at the age of 29.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I've watched plenty of Valencia over the years. Only 3 of those 11 goals were penalties. Comparatively Arda scored 2 goals last season and had less assists. Arda loses the ball more often than Parejo and his successful passing is worse than Parejo. I think you are seriously underestimating Parejo, he has been the best player for Valencia for years now and is a good player.

Regarding Arda, I just think people need to put his price into perspective. He comes as a useful backup/squad player at the age of 29. Compare his price to other players signed by top clubs as squad players at the age of 29.

The Valencia fans don't even rate Parejo that highly. He plays CM so will better pass rate probably better than all Barca front three as well.

Arda was a hero at Atletico and was a major reason they were a success in La Liga and Europe. Far better player than Parejo who is nothing special at all.

Not been the best player for Valencia or even close. You need to watch more closely.

What do you want at Barca? Great squad players or a massive drop in standard?

xavisionary

Another point - it makes me feel a little odd that a player born in 1987 is almost 30. Makes me think of how that so-called 'Golden' French class of '87 (Benzema, Nasri, Ben Arfa, Menez) never really hit the heights.

Horatio

You're welcome
I have a birthday starting at 19:00 at a restuarant. Already told them I am leaving at 20:00 to make it home in time to watch Arda's debut.

Jombi

The Valencia fans don't even rate Parejo that highly. He plays CM so will better pass rate probably better than all Barca front three as well.

Arda was a hero at Atletico and was a major reason they were a success in La Liga and Europe. Far better player than Parejo who is nothing special at all.

Not been the best player for Valencia or even close. You need to watch more closely.

What do you want at Barca? Great squad players or a massive drop in standard?

Valencia fans of course rate him highly. Of course, Fuego and Andre Gomes play the more defensive positions while Parejo has more attacking freedom so his pass rate isnt worse than Arda. And Parejo has both more assists and more key passes than Arda Turan and you claim he only scores goals on penalties, but he scored 8 goals last season from open play vs 2 for Arda Turan. Atletico is doing well this season without Turan and Gabi, Koke, Tiago and Saul Niguez is doing fine. Arda Turan was a cog in the machine not a major reason for Atletico's success, and that's why they are not feeling the loss much.

Home of Barca Fans