Arda Turan

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
You're as objective as me El Flaco :lol:

Except Arda hasn't proved anything yet, at all, and I don't trash him to defend Messi on the chat.

ini4ever

And was unavailable for 6 months...

yes , but the question is how long will he have time to stay playing at barca's high level ? at his age i guess 1.5 years or so if we assume he's gonna do as well.
as i said not been matched yet, but i hope really that not gonna happen ( ' another bad signing ' ) again!.

mesirmurti

I beleive in him and know him , he will do great things for barça. He said ones he is doing what lucho wants from him. Cos this not Arda s playing, he is not that type of player ( take the ball than gives near him ). I think he needs some goal and some assist.

raki

Rakitic was said to not be good enough to be a sub, during his initial months. Arda needs time. I thought Enrique wanted him to rest Iniesta, mostly. As an alternative to Rakitic, who is invaluable to this team, he'll need to evolve a bit. Not sure if this is the best way to use him. Maybe Lucho is doing this because Rafinha is injured.

Agree. Rakitic was trashed for several months. As many players around here :p

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rakitic came in a new team with new manager and new concept. Arda came in to well oiled machine.

So far he hasn't shown that he's an reinforcement. Nevermind justifying 40 mil. pricetag.

F

Flavia

Rakitic came in a new team with new manager and new concept. Arda came in to well oiled machine.

So far he hasn't shown that he's an reinforcement. Nevermind justifying 40 mil. pricetag.

That doesn't really matter. Arda's playing a different role than he's used too, like Rakitic did. Rakitic took time to adapt, and so will Arda. Iniesta had to adapt to a new role too. It didn't happen overnight.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

And his age, people talking about "he'll be good next season or the one after that" are funny .. yeah right, when he'll be 30/31 and last 1 good season then for 40M ?

I sure hope he'll show up THIS season, that's why he was brought in.

El Flaco

You're as objective as me El Flaco :lol:

Except Arda hasn't proved anything yet, at all, and I don't trash him to defend Messi on the chat.

Whetever if Arda has proved for us or not, it's something we can talk about after this season.

I admitted that Arda wasn't really great from yesterday.
But compared to other players, he's not worse.
At least, Arda did the thing I mentioned before....

yes , but the question is how long will he have time to stay playing at barca's high level ? at his age i guess 1.5 years or so if we assume he's gonna do as well.
as i said not been matched yet, but i hope really that not gonna happen ( ' another bad signing ' ) again!.

Despite Arda's age, I think he's able to still perform even when the Turk has past 30+.
We've seen plenty of players who are still great because they don't heavily relies on speed and it's not unlikely Arda will be in the same category.

I agree that he's been matched yet and it seems he's a bit rusty, I think we should have some patience
I remember when some people complained on Rakitic, Suárez (and so on) but just look how well it ended.

maybe yes.
I really liked him at ATM, and for me he is a very good signing.
But probably, as Flavia said, I think he need time to adapt.

Agree.

Jombi

I think he is performing roughly as expected. He's doing decent. Many people believed he was world class and his 6 months of training-only caused the hype to reach unprecedented proportions.

F

Flavia

I think he is performing roughly as expected. He's doing decent. Many people believed he was world class and his 6 months of training-only caused the hype to reach unprecedented proportions.
He is world class. Most players suffer to adapt at Barça.

barcanuck

Yean not too worried but he has to start trying to be himself instead of playing it safe all the time. His tackling and defensive work has been great and that is #1 priority for him as there is tons of offensive players already but I just want to see him get more long passes, through balls and shots on target.

Home of Barca Fans