Arda Turan

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Can't compare any other outfield player's integration into this team to that of a midfielder, I think it's the toughest transition for even an elite player - and lest we forget, he's been playing for less than 2 months in this squad. I'm far more concerned about Vidal

ATLBarcaFan

still think he can develop into a good player for us, haven't given up on him yet. I think he needs to play a little looser, still seems to be playing a little tight out there.

Jombi

Can't compare any other outfield player's integration into this team to that of a midfielder, I think it's the toughest transition for even an elite player - and lest we forget, he's been playing for less than 2 months in this squad. I'm far more concerned about Vidal

he's trained for 8 months though.

Papabeef

Give the man time it took suarez time to gel with our set up hell it even took neymar a whole season to fully settle in

Well said, took the words out of my mouth :)

We need more patience and this particular situation is not for some young kid with hype behind him or some good player from South America or a very different league, Arda was one of the backbones of one of the biggest Liga teams and is basically a proven talent. Back when Suarez was not scoring for like first 7 or so matches some fans and the media were talking about how the system does not fit him and how he may leave sooner than some people think etc....

Kikan

Arda is an amazing player and no one should doubt that . I get it recently he has not played well and seems to be almost detached from the game for reasons that are not clear . Hopefully he can sort his issues out and fully integrate into the squad .

BarçaBarça

He needs more time to settle. IMO he hasn't been as solid as we all know he can be, but it would be mad to expect that, when he hasn't played competitive matches for so long.

But the rest of the season might prove good for him: He will get a lot of playing time in league games, where Rakitic and Iniesta will be rested more than before.

Jombi

Goes to show the difference between training & playing

No one knows how well he does in training, but he should have been able to pick up the basics by now. He is not getting any younger and if we believed it would take a year for the 29 year old to settle in, we should question whey we bought him in the first place.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No one knows how well he does in training, but he should have been able to pick up the basics by now. He is not getting any younger and if we believed it would take a year for the 29 year old to settle in, we should question whey we bought him in the first place.

No need to question it - elections

:bartomeu:

Messi983

Lucho has a preference for experienced players. And we have enough young potential in SR, Rafinha, Denis, Samper, Alena and Kaptoum.

I also don't get why some of you think that player at 29 is old. Arda can still play at a high level for 3 or 4 years.

Last edited:

Catalan Fan

He was fairly quiet offensively yesterday and could of done more when tracking back for their goal.He was jogging back, not sprinting.

Neymar also seemed reluctant to give him the ball when they were in attacking positions, which wouldn't do his confidence much good.Maybe they just need more time on the pitch together to work things out, time will tell.

Jombi

Lucho has a preference for experienced players. And we have enough young potential in SR, Rafinha, Denis, Samper, Alena and Kaptoum.

I also don't get why some of you think that player at 29 is old. Arda can still play at a high level for 3 or 4 years.

We dont know that he can play at a high level for that long. Look at Wesley Sneijder and others. The last youth player to establish himself as a regular was Busquets 7 years ago. Time to wake up and realize that we cant simply count on La Masia to provide the youth while we buy players who have most of their best years behind them.

Messi983

Sergi Roberto is doing pretty good. Yes, he's not regular (yet) but can be. Rafinha has proved his quality too before injury. I think we can safely count on both of them for the future. Others are still unproven on top level, I can agree with that but I believe at least one of them will succeed.

We tried to get younger, WC midfielder like Cesc in the past and it didn't work out. And he was supposed to know our system and adapt quickly. So who can guarantee us that it would be better if we had signed some other younger player last year instead of Arda. Also keep in mind that most of the players wouldn't be willing to sit for 6 months in a year before Euro/Copa.

Home of Barca Fans