Arda Turan

Jombi

Sergi Roberto is doing pretty good. Yes, he's not regular (yet) but can be. Rafinha has proved his quality too before injury. I think we can safely count on both of them for the future. Others are still unproven on top level, I can agree with that but I believe at least one of them will succeed.

We tried to get younger, WC midfielder like Cesc in the past and it didn't work out. And he was supposed to know our system and adapt quickly. So who can guarantee us that it would be better if we had signed some other younger player last year instead of Arda. Also keep in mind that most of the players wouldn't be willing to sit for 6 months in a year before Euro/Copa.

I think we need some young players this summer and I think Lucho agrees. Enough of the players looking for their last big contract. None of the signings this summer should be older than 25. We need to build for the future.

Galning

I think we need some young players this summer and I think Lucho agrees. Enough of the players looking for their last big contract. None of the signings this summer should be older than 25. We need to build for the future.

Why do you think Lucho will sign youngsters when his target has been Nolito for quite some time now?

Jombi

Why do you think Lucho will sign youngsters when his target has been Nolito for quite some time now?

Yes, I hope for the best, but I do fear we must be prepared for Mertesacker or John Terry this summer, and not Mustafi or Umtiti.

Kerrybai

I'm not sure about him. Why didn't he track back for the Sevilla goal ? He jogged after the attacker for 25 meteres. He just stared at him. Is he lazy ?

He said he wanted to leave atletico because they run too much.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure about him. Why didn't he track back for the Sevilla goal ? He jogged after the attacker for 25 meteres. He just stared at him. Is he lazy ?

He said he wanted to leave atletico because they run too much.

Saw people commenting about that elsewhere too.
Yeah, he is very, very far from a warrior/beast we all expected him to be.

Still can't throw him under a bus after few months, we'll see how he will be rated at the end of the season.

serghei

He could track the runner. It's not his fault they scored but the lack of effort was surprising.

Sure he could have saved us. But he didn't. The runner didn't come from his zone. Vitolo was Alba's man, but Alba closed down the no9 (Gameiro IIRC), because Mathieu was sleeping and Pique was drawn on the right (he saw Vidal was being outplayed in defence and tried to help him on a number of occasions). Arda's position is normal for a CM. We are able to initiate fast counters also because we don't use our RCM and LCM to fix the CBs errors. We trust our CBs and that's why when one if them takes himself out of the game we're in trouble.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
20trt4y.jpg

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Lucho usually doesn't say what he really thinks in those pressers, I am sure he's not satisfied by Arda just yet.

God Serena

Lucho once said that Douglas was a great player and that he's got as much a chance of playing as anyone else in the squad.

Pretty safe to dismiss anything he says publicly as his actual opinion, he tends to take things safe when he's not bantering.

Home of Barca Fans