Arda Turan

I'm with those who say if someone is willing to buy him for around the price we bought him for then we gotta sell. If not I wouldn't mind giving him a second chance with him going through a full pre season. Also depends on who we get this offseason

Nucky

Turan at least deserves another season.. He waited 6 months so he can wear Barca shirt.. It tells a lot about the player to be willing to wait for six months to play for the club.. Wouldn't be fair if we sell him after that..

Barcilliant

OK, we really need to back off the Arda hate.

First off he was a Lucho signing. YES, Lucho wanted him. Lucho should be asked why Arda was signed and what his role was/is.

Was he supposed to be a rotation player for Rakitic? An alternative to Iniesta as an AM? A box to box player?

Arda seems confused about his role and I can see why. Simeone clearly understood how to get the best out of Arda and accordingly played him to his and the teams strength.

Lucho seems to have signed him as a Rakitic kind of player who just does a lot of defensive work. Both Rakitic and Arda were different players with their former clubs because their roles were different. Arda is an attacking player. I would rotate him with Iniesta and see how he goes.

How many players will you get of Arda's quality to sit on the bench??

If we can sell him for 35 million plus I would sell. However remember guys like Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Abidal all took time to settle and eventually became all time greats. That wont happen to Arda but if we can get 2 good seasons out of him 40 million (chump change in todays market)will be a bargain.

Stric

Regardless of whether he eventually fits in or not, we'd look like absolute morons if we put him up for sale after literally half a season.

Jefecito

Regardless of whether he eventually fits in or not, we'd look like absolute morons if we put him up for sale after literally half a season.

I think it's the opposite. We look like absolute morons when we keep a player who doesn't fit in the system. I'd rather let him go now than risking a new Fabregas.
Not even mentioning the fact that's he's 29+, if we keep him for another season and he doesn't perform well we'll be selling him for like 10 mill.

khaled_a_d

I think it's the opposite. We look like absolute morons when we keep a player who doesn't fit in the system. I'd rather let him go now than risking a new Fabregas.
Not even mentioning the fact that's he's 29+, if we keep him for another season and he doesn't perform well we'll be selling him for like 10 mill.

There is no guarantee that we will get an acceptable offer for him,for both the player and the club.
We paid 34M for him(+6 bonus that won't be paid if we sell him now IIRC) so that mean we will want an offer around 30-34M to let him go.Doubt we will such offer for him from a European club if we put him in the market and doubt Arda will accept to go to China as many here hopes
I won't put him in the market and put trust in him,but if an offer came that is acceptable for both the player and the club we shouldn't block it tbh.but that is a very big if

Jefecito

There is no guarantee that we will get an acceptable offer for him,for both the player and the club.
We paid 34M for him(+6 bonus that won't be paid if we sell him now IIRC) so that mean we will want an offer around 30-34M to let him go.Doubt we will such offer for him from a European club if we put him in the market and doubt Arda will accept to go to China as many here hopes
I won't put him in the market and put trust in him,but if an offer came that is acceptable for both the player and the club we shouldn't block it tbh.but that is a very big if

I agree. I'm not saying that the club should show him the door, but if a good offer arrives the club should think about it and discuss it with the player.
Copa final shows his place in the MF hierarchy, I'm not sure the player will be happy starting next season as the coach last choice in midfield.

Stric

I'm not saying he will fit eventually, but he's only been here for a few months and has played way too little to be sure that he can't fit in, and we'd look silly to make such a huge decision based on so little time and experience. Besides, the most important part in the context of the transfer window is that if we try to sell him now, the market will know we're not happy with him and we're desperate to sell, so it would be a horrible position for negotiations.

I'm more prone to think that Arda can work well, but that Enrique has just been too stubborn to try anything except the approach he's had his mind set on beforehand.

But then again, if someone offers what we've paid for him or more on their own, by all means, it shouldn't be ignored.

dakt

Yeah, I 'm also for keeping Arda for another year since he played too little. I'm not comparing him to Modric, but when he came to RM, his first season was not so great and was called as one of the worst transfers in RM's history.
At the same time I'm disappointed in him since I expected a fighting beast in the midfield as he was for Atletico. Hope he'll get a chance to show that next season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Should stay unless we get an offer enough to recoup the transfer fee we paid back.

Modric struggled initially too, but he is at least a CM. Arda will be playing in the midfield in a role/position he doesn't/hasn't played in.

Jefecito

That's the whole thing. The spot where he was playing at ATM doesn't exist in our system and it will never exist. He played as a CM for us and can't do the job (you can't get the tactical awareness at 29+ and he doesn't run enough - which is one of the reasons he was happy leaving ATM), and he's way too slow and not creative enough to play as a winger.

He can stay, but I really can't see him performing way better than what we have seen from him in the last 6 months.

God Serena

Turan at least deserves another season.. He waited 6 months so he can wear Barca shirt.. It tells a lot about the player to be willing to wait for six months to play for the club.. Wouldn't be fair if we sell him after that..

He didn't even wait six months. He waited from late August-September to January. That's more like 4 months. He didn't sign for us in June/July and sit on his hands while watching the rest of the team play without him. This entire "He waited 6 months JUST FOR US" narrative is misleading imo.

And if one of the only solid reasons behind keeping someone is morality based, chances are he needs to go. His huge price tag that we should not have paid is the only logical reason to justify even keeping him. Imagine if a young Masia player was with the first team for 6 months and didn't give us even a single good performance in that time?

Oh, we see that all the time.

If a player isn't good enough for us, he's not good enough. Plain and simple. The only examples as of late that I can think of to the contrary of this is Sergi Roberto, and he was 23, while Turan will be turning 30 next season.

I'm obviously of the opinion that we take as high an offer on him as we can and cut our losses. We'll have Denis returning and Rafinha will be back in match practice and whether you or anyone else likes it or not he *will* get minutes because he's Lucho's pet. Turan hasn't been able to make any impact on the team in 6 months (And we're talking about what is supposedly a "World class" midfielder, here) and doesn't look likely to improve just looking at his own admission that he doesn't like to run. Sometimes transfers don't work out. This is one of them. It's time to move on.

Home of Barca Fans