Arda Turan

xXKonan

Arda was even Criticized by Turkey manager Fatih Terim for his performance.

"They're two important players, there was a lot of expectation on them, but they didn't give enough," he lamented.

"There are young players that have to give more, too, because we have high hopes for them. If they improve, we can make the next round."

Arda himself admitted he wasn't at his best and apologised for his performance.

He said: "I didn't play well today, but my team-mates fought well. I apologise to the Turkish people.

"Croatia have a good team. We did everything we could and we could have grabbed a draw, but we leave with our heads up.

"We can still get out of the group and achieve something important.

"We have to be united. We've played well, but on ocassions it's the individuals that make the difference. I hope we play better against Spain and that we can win."

Dude looks physically weak. I like Arda, but man he's not really convincing me so far since he can play for us since he got here.

serghei

If players play great in Atletico and not so great at other teams (Costa, Luis for Chelsea, Arda for us so far), then people should agree Simeone is the best manager in the world. He even made Torres look dangerous again. :lol:

As for Arda, he won't be sold because he's not exactly a hot attraction in this awful form. We need to have faith that he'll play better and will help the team in the next season, as a squad player at least if more is not possible.

BBZ8800

Imo, we wouldn't get more than 10-12M for him now.
15m max by some noob club from China or something.

Turkish teams wouldn't pay too much for him, I guess.
And in EPL, he would have strength for 12-18 opening minutes.

Galning

This entire signing was a farce anyway. Signed by a club with no president just to win some votes for Bartomeu. 40M well spent.

Also the fact when he was looking for a new club he was advertising himself with "I have too run too much at Atlético" :facepalm: :lol: Glorious signing this guy. Would've rather given his minutes to Sergi Roberto, Denis Suarez or Halilovic the last half season.

slicknick

Even more bizarre than the transfer itself is the lack of direction the club management shows... Now that they have paid 40 million Euros for him, the mgt know that there's no way in hell for anyone to pay us the same amount...
However, still, it seems they would rather keep him for next year than offload him for cheaper and make a loss.

Stric

Even more bizarre than the transfer itself is the lack of direction the club management shows... Now that they have paid 40 million Euros for him, the mgt know that there's no way in hell for anyone to pay us the same amount...
However, still, it seems they would rather keep him for next year than offload him for cheaper and make a loss.

I don't understand. Why is this strange? You've said it yourself, they know there's no way anyone would pay the same amount. Why would they want to sell him then?

No matter how underwhelming he's been so far, it's both financially and tactically much better to have a player of Arda's caliber in the squad than to sell him for peanuts after paying a huge amount for him only a year ago. Even if he was the worst player in the world, it's still better to use him for what he's worth than to offload him at all costs, especially if it would be a huge loss.

BBZ8800

Any Turkish team to offer 20m+ for him?

I am sure Galatasaray would love to have him back.... He is like their prince

Galatasaray's highest transfer in the last 10 years is 10 millions Euros paid:
http://www.transfermarkt.com/galatasaray-sk/transfers/verein/141/plus/0?saison_id=2015&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

They bought Sneijder for 7,5m and Podolski for 2,5m.

I still can't see how would anyone (even a Turkish club) pay more than 10-13m today for a 29,5 years old Arda who can't run anymore.

Home of Barca Fans