Arda Turan

Barcilliant

This entire signing was a farce anyway. Signed by a club with no president just to win some votes for Bartomeu. 40M well spent.

Also the fact when he was looking for a new club he was advertising himself with "I have too run too much at Atlético" :facepalm: :lol: Glorious signing this guy. Would've rather given his minutes to Sergi Roberto, Denis Suarez or Halilovic the last half season.

Why blame the board. Apparently Lucho requested him. Whenever we show interest in a player selling club hikes the price 15-20 %.Sucks but that's what the board has to deal with.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Arda: "My dad is president of club where I started. When I retire in a few years, I'll ask for a trial, let's see if he wants me (laughs)"

The guy has barely played for us and he's already thinking about retirement:facepalm: :lol:

F

Flavia

But why would Arda accept that? He's not that old, and he has a valid contract. It's pointless to discuss this.

Jackson Martinez went there. For money. Arda could do the same. The Chinese window is in January, and I think he should go then.

Stric

Arda is 29, comes from Turkey, plays for the best club in the world and makes a lot of money as it is. He's been getting minutes regularly (though not many minutes) and it's safe to assume he'll get more next season. I don't see why he would want to leave all of that and go to a completely worthless retirement league halfway across the world and waste the rest of his career (probably 4+ years) just for the money. Especially when there's decent clubs in Europe who'd be happy to have him. He'd have to be a severly money-crazed fool to go to China at this time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why would he play more minutes next season when Rafinha will be fit again and we add Suarez to the mix. Even then there's Roberto who should play more. And let's not even think about Rakitic and Iniesta.

Oh, and don't forget Alena who will play pre-season with first team and I'd rather have him play some odd matches in Copa than watch Arda's useless ass there.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Why would he play more minutes next season when Rafinha will be fit again and we add Suarez to the mix. Even then there's Roberto who should play more. And let's not even think about Rakitic and Iniesta.

Oh, and don't forget Alena who will play pre-season with first team and I'd rather have him play some odd matches in Copa than watch Arda's useless ass there.

Rafinha? Rafinha is average, average even in an average team. Suarez is young and I don't really have high hopes. Tbh our midfield is so-so; Iniesta is 30+, Rakitic is a hard worker but can't carry and Busi is boss - the rest is far from Barca quality (maybe except Roberto, but he needs to focus on CM). Sadly I think Arda was a bad transfer, he doesn't have the qualities we need and already 29. Midfield will be a huge problem in the upcoming season already if we don't sell Arda and spend big on a Xavi and Iniesta successor.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Midfield won't be a problem at all next season. Iniesta is bossing it and shows no signs of stopping.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Maybe you're right, but a lengthy injury to either Iniesta or Busi and we can say goodbye to all titles - a team like Barcelona should have much much better squad players than Suarez and Rafinha. And Roberto will play probably play RB because how on earth could Vidal go from almost 0 minutes to starting RB? Fu*k some of our transfers have been sketchy lately, for every good player we buy we also buy some scrub like Vermalen or Vidal, or some almost 30 year old player like Arda.

khaled_a_d

Rafinha? Rafinha is average, average even in an average team. Suarez is young and I don't really have high hopes. Tbh our midfield is so-so; Iniesta is 30+, Rakitic is a hard worker but can't carry and Busi is boss - the rest is far from Barca quality (maybe except Roberto, but he needs to focus on CM). Sadly I think Arda was a bad transfer, he doesn't have the qualities we need and already 29. Midfield will be a huge problem in the upcoming season already if we don't sell Arda and spend big on a Xavi and Iniesta successor.

Rafinha played a season in Celta who is an above average team and was one of their best players and La Liga young player of the year.so while yes he isn't a barca starting material he is an above average player for sure.A good back up to have.

Denis was a starter and one of the best players in the team that finished top 4 in Liga and Europa league.very good bench player to have for sure.good potential too but we have to wait to see if he fits our system and if he will fulfill his potential

Alen won't play the pre-season,we want to sell him with buyback already.S.Roberto would turn into full time RB most likely and Denis is more of a back up winger than midfielder in our system.It seem more likely that he-Arda- will get more minutes next year tbf. Don't like him but I think Stric is making valid point .life look good for him and he has zero reason to leave to an inferior league
That said if a team made a last push for him in summer like Pedro last year I think we would jump to the opportunity.Bu I am not sure how likely it is to happen

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Jackson Martinez went there. For money. Arda could do the same. The Chinese window is in January, and I think he should go then.

I don't think Jackson went there for the money, sure it was a plus, but no other team wanted him and Atlético needed the money more than Jackson did... Guarín on the other hand...

God Serena

Alen won't play the pre-season,we want to sell him with buyback already.

He's not talking about a Croatian youngster who likes to dribble, he's talking about a young Catalan boy who likes to dribble, pass, score, and generally be the midfielder we've always dreamed of, set to join the B team next season but might just get the Munir treatment if he has a good preseason.

You're mixing Alen Halilovic up with Carles Alena, lol.

Home of Barca Fans