Arda Turan

God Serena

Oh, I like this one.

Do you actually attempt to win an argument by using words like 'undoubtedly', 'don't even try' and 'rubbish' ?
I'll try to be the sensible one and actually use logic and shockingly, Actual evidence.

I enjoy using words like that. They don't really strengthen my argument. I hadn't even realized how often I used them before now :lol:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/21501/Fixtures/Arda-Turan

Arda played only 13 matches with a playing time of 45 minutes or more (AKA, Significant minutes), Now in how many of these matches roberto was benched instead of him........... Only 3 times actually, In 8 occasions roberto and arda were playing together, And in the other two occasions roberto was simply injured.
Here goes the "benched constantly in favor of Arda" out the window, Without me humorously entertaining the idea that arda was 'rubbish' and didn't deserve not a single minute in the first place, It would've been already thrown out.

When Arda plays as CM it isn't possible for Roberto to play there, where he is most effective. With Sergi being universally reliable in most areas of the pitch, they obviously played together several times, but how many times have Arda and Sergi actually been our CMs? Sergi has played from RB, Lb, wing, CDM, etc. just because he's not otherwise being used. His minutes at CM did take a hit upon Arda's return. Even in a lot of Lucho's sub choices, Arda often found himself subbing on in situations where Sergi would have been a more appropriate sub, all the way until the final game of the season.

Now here is something interesting, In the 2 and a half months period between the beginning of January to mid march, Arda had 949 minutes, But in the 2 months period between mid march (After the fifa week were he performed poorly with his country team) to mid may, He had only 179 minutes, Which shows that Enrique, Just like any coach with a brain, Had no problem benching a player he felt is under-performing decides to play someone that perform better, Which makes my point more valid, And surprisingly not 'wrong on all kinds of levels' :lol:

The period between March and May is when we played close to our strongest lineup every week in a desperate attempt not to suddenly lose every trophy we were competing for. He obviously wasn't going to get as much time during this period not because he wasn't performing, but because he wasn't part of our starting lineup. Lucho has shown how willing he is to shove a square peg into a round hole (Munir, Adriano, LB Mathieu, etc) enough times for us to know that Arda underperforming isn't enough to make him get dropped, all on its own.

What's peculiar about all of this, Is that i never liked his signing, I don't think he was worth it, Or he'll ever perform to the expectations of his transfer fee, And if he left this summer, I wouldn't mind,

What's REALLY peculiar is I was actually a fan of his before he started playing :lol:

But the thing about me, Is i don't like those who i think are misleading, Misinforming, And most annoyingly, Those who act pretentiously and try to present their own prejudiced and subjective opinions as facts, I don't know, I guess I'm just an old-school guy who's looking for evidence when discussing things.

Pot meet kettle. Your condescending attitude doesn't make you any better, sir.

Garrus

When Arda plays as CM it isn't possible for Roberto to play there, where he is most effective. With Sergi being universally reliable in most areas of the pitch, they obviously played together several times, but how many times have Arda and Sergi actually been our CMs? Sergi has played from RB, Lb, wing, CDM, etc. just because he's not otherwise being used. His minutes at CM did take a hit upon Arda's return. Even in a lot of Lucho's sub choices, Arda often found himself subbing on in situations where Sergi would have been a more appropriate sub, all the way until the final game of the season.
Do you think i'm an idiot, Or an 8 year old?, This 'Change the goal-post at the last minute' tactic you just used, Is just a cringe-worthy cliche.
"Oh i didn't mean what i actually said, I meant something else completely, But just conveniently decided not to reveal it............Until someone dispute me" :lol:
But thanks for using it from the get go, You actually saved me from wasting my time further, After debating numerously with people on the internet, I almost developed a sixth sense when to simply walk away from a discussion, I'm not one of those tools who get's batted into filling pages and pages with discussions that destined to go no where, Specially when the opposing one is being dishonest, I have better things to do with my time.
Adios!

God Serena

Do you think i'm an idiot, Or an 8 year old?, This 'Change the goal-post at the last minute' tactic you just used, Is just a cringe-worthy cliche.
"Oh i didn't mean what i actually said, I meant something else completely, But just conveniently decided not to reveal it............Until someone dispute me" :lol:

I didn't actually change what I said at all, I elaborated because you felt the need to jump at me with your... whatever the hell it is you do.

You won't be missed, cya.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I feel like Arda would be the type of player that would agree to leave if he's not seen as useful to the club. He's not a JDS. That being said, I think he deserves a full season.

RMU ReBorn

It's accepted for Iniesta, Busquets and Rakitic to be average and even terrible sometimes for more than half a season, but when it comes to Arda ... SELL HIM !
Iniesta was poor only in Tata Season He was in sublime touch in Ucl during treble winning season and please , Busquet's is one of the consistent performer's in the team . 8 out of 10 match's he will be on guard . Rakitic was a fresh air in the team after the destruction caused by Cesc . His work rate was simply great . scored Crucial goal's as well. For 18 M it was a steal . Raki fit's in to Barca system better than Arda . It doesn't mean Arda was poor ,he hasn't got enough opportunity's . ideal thing to do is ,give him one more season and decide after that .

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'd get money for him now rather than sell for peanuts next season. He may play well next season but we have plenty of good midfielders so I think it's worth it to just get money and get him off the wage bill too

We will probably get peanuts for him next summer, and indeed we got plenty of good midfielders. Anyway, Arda is an OK player for most teams - maybe not us, Bayern or RM, but most other top teams. If we want to sell and want around 25-30M, I can't see why they wouldn't give us what we want - other than that we really suck at selling or that Arda doesn't want to leave.

Zincubus

Banned
It's accepted for Iniesta, Busquets and Rakitic to be average and even terrible sometimes for more than half a season, but when it comes to Arda ... SELL HIM !

It's all about opinion .

I see Busquets as our most important player as he dictates all our play basically and we are always so disappointing when he's not in the team.

Iniesta had a good season with flashes of brilliance but Rakitic never impresses me . I see the new young midfielder Gomez taking Rakitics place with the Croatian moving away in the Jan window ( hopefully ) .

I'd prefer to keep Arda Turan who just needs to get some fitness

Last edited:

Nucky

This.. I totally agree with you my friend.. Arda deserves at least one full season to show if he is worthy €40m or not..

Stric

I know that. But I don't think Arda is the kind of player who would stay if he thought the coach didn't count on him. I could be wrong, though. What boggles my mind is why did they get Gomes, then? And it'd be better to sell him while he still has some value.

And some teams force sells too. It's not a very nice thing to do, but rm do it all the time, for instance.

I can understand that. However, it seems that Arda has Lucho's support, so everything else is kind of irrelevant then. Even if the club wanted to push him out, they wouldn't do so without the manager's green light.

But now that we have so many solid midfielders, I'd like us to nurture all of our rotation players for one role specifically. Only use Gomes/Rakitić for RCM, and only use Iniesta/Rafinha/Arda for LCM, for example. I don't see the point in everyone trying to cover everything, and stepping on each others' toes in the process. We had the opportunity to do this in the past with Thiago/Cesc/others, but we missed it. Now would be a good time for that.

F

Flavia

I can understand that. However, it seems that Arda has Lucho's support, so everything else is kind of irrelevant then. Even if the club wanted to push him out, they wouldn't do so without the manager's green light.

But now that we have so many solid midfielders, I'd like us to nurture all of our rotation players for one role specifically. Only use Gomes/Rakitić for RCM, and only use Iniesta/Rafinha/Arda for LCM, for example. I don't see the point in everyone trying to cover everything, and stepping on each others' toes in the process. We had the opportunity to do this in the past with Thiago/Cesc/others, but we missed it. Now would be a good time for that.

Still early, but it could be rakitic/Gomes/Rafinha for one side, and iniesta/arda/Denis for the other. 6 players for 2 position is way too much, to give minutes to everyone. Even if Denis and Rafinha play as wingers, which won't happen very often.

PhilS

Pre-season is the opportunity to earn playing time in the real games. With so many midfielders in the squad, looking so-so will earn you consistent bench time.

I have not seen midfield play yet in these first games that makes a case for anyone we have seen yet to get a lot of minutes. I'd say the best has been Sergi Roberto. Rafinha and Gomes have a window here over the remaining games prior to Liga to earn regular playing time, their competition can be beat out. Samper needs to go on loan or be sold. I like Arda, he was fantastic at AM, too bad he joined the wrong team. So many players have left AM to ruin their careers!

Home of Barca Fans