Arda Turan

Stric

I don't even understand all the "sell him" comments anymore. Haven't we been through this already? You can't just sell a player because you don't want him, otherwise Douglas and some others would be long gone. Arda has a say in it, too, and he doesn't want to leave. And why should he...

F

Flavia

I don't even understand all the "sell him" comments anymore. Haven't we been through this already? You can't just sell a player because you don't want him, otherwise Douglas and some others would be long gone. Arda has a say in it, too, and he doesn't want to leave. And why should he...

The fact you're using douglas as comparison is not a good thing, is it? There's too many midfielders, and Arda doesn't fit as a midfielder for Barça. He'll have minutes that should be given to other more promising players. It's just pre-season, but there's also last season. Why should douglas leave too, then? Let's keep players we don't need. Tito said once this isn't a social club, and it really shouldn't be. Teams sell their surplus all the time.

JamDav1982

I thought he played quite well today.

Was involved in build up play, had some great touches and worked hard.

His game vs Celtic and this have been better than last season.

Can understand people wanting to sell him as there is a glut of CMs but dont agree on saying was poor/lost today at all.

F4THi

Banned
Who decides a player is expendable based on friendless?, What kind of logic is that.
And what is this obsession with selling, Anyone watching will think most of you will get some kind of profit from the sell.
A player should only be sold if the coach decides he's not needed, And in the rare circumstances the club is forced to sell due to financial reasons, And none of those two are present now.
If he adapts and can grab a starting spot, Good for him and us, If not he can serve as a versatile sub and an asset, But demanding for him to be sold, Is laughable.

THIS

F4THi

Banned

That's approximately what Iniesta was performing for 70% of his matches in the last 3 season, only 30% were different and special

Last edited:

F4THi

Banned
It's accepted for Iniesta, Busquets and Rakitic to be average and even terrible sometimes for more than half a season, but when it comes to Arda ... SELL HIM !

Garrus

The fact you're using douglas as comparison is not a good thing, is it? There's too many midfielders, and Arda doesn't fit as a midfielder for Barça. He'll have minutes that should be given to other more promising players. It's just pre-season, but there's also last season. Why should douglas leave too, then? Let's keep players we don't need. Tito said once this isn't a social club, and it really shouldn't be. Teams sell their surplus all the time.
It's hard to contemplate where to begin with your post.

Arda doesn't fit as a midfielder for Barça
That's a personal opinion trying to present it as a fact, When it isn't, Luis enrique publicly spoke about how he'll count on arda this season and he believes in him, And you'll find many fans who'll share his thoughts, Weather he'll actually deliver eventually no one can know.

He'll have minutes that should be given to other more promising players
Wait a second, How will he exactly get these minutes?, Will he perform less than these 'promising players' and still get their minutes, Cause that doesn't make sense, What kind of idiot coach decides he'll give minutes to the inferior player instead of the better performing one.
The only logical explanation is that he'll get these minutes because he DOES perform better than this competitors, I mean Duuuh, Isn't that how professional football work?

Why should douglas leave too, then? Let's keep players we don't need. Tito said once this isn't a social club, and it really shouldn't be. Teams sell their surplus all the time
God have mercy on me, Do you know what a contract is, Or how it works?
You can't just conveniently get rid of a player in the same way a player can't just get rid of his current club, Other teams sell their surplus player because they tell them that they have no future at this club and they won't play if they stay (Which won't happen with arda), After that the majority decide to leave and attempt to find a club to buy them, If that is not possible or the player does not wish to leave, The club have only three options, Either keep them in the squad until their contracts run out, Loan them until their contract runs out, Or terminate their contract by paying a termination clause, (Which again, Won't happen with arda because he's happy here, AND THE COACH DOES NOT WANT HIM TO LEAVE).

Stric

I understand all that. But you still can't sell him without his approval.

My problem is not why people think he should or shouldn't be sold, it's that people keep saying that as if the club could sell him tomorrow if they wanted to.

Bran the Greenseer

:lol: Come back and try defending Arda with Iniesta when he scores a wc winning goal and gets MoM awards in multiple finals.

That being said I don't think he was that bad.

God Serena

Wait a second, How will he exactly get these minutes?, Will he perform less than these 'promising players' and still get their minutes, Cause that doesn't make sense, What kind of idiot coach decides he'll give minutes to the inferior player instead of the better performing one.
The only logical explanation is that he'll get these minutes because he DOES perform better than this competitors, I mean Duuuh, Isn't that how professional football work?

Wasn't going to get involved in this thread as I think he was just average today, but this paragraph is wrong on all kinds of levels. Were you even watching at all last season? Roberto was undoubtedly a better player than Arda last season, don't even try to argue that, and he found himself benched constantly in favor of Arda, even months after his ban ended and he was still playing rubbish.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'd get money for him now rather than sell for peanuts next season. He may play well next season but we have plenty of good midfielders so I think it's worth it to just get money and get him off the wage bill too

Garrus

Wasn't going to get involved in this thread as I think he was just average today, but this paragraph is wrong on all kinds of levels. Were you even watching at all last season? Roberto was undoubtedly a better player than Arda last season, don't even try to argue that, and he found himself benched constantly in favor of Arda, even months after his ban ended and he was still playing rubbish.
Do you actually attempt to win an argument by using words like 'undoubtedly', 'don't even try' and 'rubbish' ?
I'll try to be the sensible one and actually use logic and shockingly, Actual evidence.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/21501/Fixtures/Arda-Turan

Arda played only 13 matches with a playing time of 45 minutes or more (AKA, Significant minutes), Now in how many of these matches roberto was benched instead of him........... Only 3 times actually, In 8 occasions roberto and arda were playing together, And in the other two occasions roberto was simply injured.
Here goes the "benched constantly in favor of Arda" out the window, Without me humorously entertaining the idea that arda was 'rubbish' and didn't deserve not a single minute in the first place, It would've been already thrown out.

Now here is something interesting, In the 2 and a half months period between the beginning of January to mid march, Arda had 949 minutes, But in the 2 months period between mid march (After the fifa week were he performed poorly with his country team) to mid may, He had only 179 minutes, Which shows that Enrique, Just like any coach with a brain, Had no problem benching a player he felt is under-performing decides to play someone that perform better, Which makes my point more valid, And surprisingly not 'wrong on all kinds of levels' :lol:

What's peculiar about all of this, Is that i never liked his signing, I don't think he was worth it, Or he'll ever perform to the expectations of his transfer fee, And if he left this summer, I wouldn't mind, But the thing about me, Is i don't like those who i think are misleading, Misinforming, And most annoyingly, Those who act pretentiously and try to present their own prejudiced and subjective opinions as facts, I don't know, I guess I'm just an old-school guy who's looking for evidence when discussing things.

F

Flavia

It's hard to contemplate where to begin with your post.

That's a personal opinion trying to present it as a fact, When it isn't, Luis enrique publicly spoke about how he'll count on arda this season and he believes in him, And you'll find many fans who'll share his thoughts, Weather he'll actually deliver eventually no one can know.
Newsflash, everything posted here, is someone's personal opinion. It's a forum. That's my opinion, we discuss things here. I didn't know I had to tell you that.

God have mercy on me, Do you know what a contract is, Or how it works?
You can't just conveniently get rid of a player in the same way a player can't just get rid of his current club, Other teams sell their surplus player because they tell them that they have no future at this club and they won't play if they stay (Which won't happen with arda), After that the majority decide to leave and attempt to find a club to buy them, If that is not possible or the player does not wish to leave, The club have only three options, Either keep them in the squad until their contracts run out, Loan them until their contract runs out, Or terminate their contract by paying a termination clause, (Which again, Won't happen with arda because he's happy here, AND THE COACH DOES NOT WANT HIM TO LEAVE).

Oh no, I didn't know how I contract works. Thank you for telling me, though. You're so smart and witty! I didn't know any of these things! Where would I be without you to enlighten me, I wonder :rolleyes:

F

Flavia

I understand all that. But you still can't sell him without his approval.

My problem is not why people think he should or shouldn't be sold, it's that people keep saying that as if the club could sell him tomorrow if they wanted to.

I know that. But I don't think Arda is the kind of player who would stay if he thought the coach didn't count on him. I could be wrong, though. What boggles my mind is why did they get Gomes, then? And it'd be better to sell him while he still has some value.

And some teams force sells too. It's not a very nice thing to do, but rm do it all the time, for instance.

Home of Barca Fans