Arda Turan

gasgas

We've been saying that you need to hook up with someone too. You haven't listened.

Lucho took your advice, now it's time for you to take ours.

Do it for ARDA. Or he'll slap you with a kebab too. Not the same one he'll slap Neymar with, you'd be crying tears of joy if anything with Neymars DNA popped your kebab-slap cherry.

No i'm fine on my own
I have things to fight for.
It's a long list

True love will come at the right time

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
MOTM in my opinion, perhaps only Messi could contest that... He was awesome both in attack and defense tonight, I hope he keeps this up...

Total-Football

i see a lot of optimism .. i worry about your health later lol .. anyway hopefully he'll prove me wrong , today he showed some imrovement , far from my expectations .. but it's easy to improve after playing horrendously for more than half a year

Co0ter

i see a lot of optimism .. i worry about your health later lol .. anyway hopefully he'll prove me wrong , today he showed some imrovement , far from my expectations .. but it's easy to improve after playing horrendously for more than half a year

He played scary good today, an overall fantastic performance. I'm not sure how you missed it.

I'd be happy with him playing like this the rest of the season, we'd be lucky if he did, actually. The question still stands though who will substitute for Suarez, Munir? Alcacer isn't much of an improvement.

Total-Football

[MENTION=2134]Co0ter[/MENTION] .. i don't know man .. having second thoughs about it he did ok .. his off ball movements have improved thus he finds himself in threatening positions .. but still that's not enough , numerous times he looked shaky with ball .. there was 2 or 3 times where he just froze for good 3 seconds .. that's not a sign of a potential starter .. a barca player should show no hesitation with the ball .. especially after playing that long .. of course he can improve to be a rotational player , i don't see anything beyond that

BBZ8800

I haven't checked the numbers, but it seems that Arda played the highest amount of minutes in these 5 matches (3 friendlies and 2 supercup matches) of all our players.
Forum don't like him too much, but it seems that Lucho likes him quite a lot.

Imo, there is no way that we will sell him right now.

kilian

[MENTION=2134]Co0ter[/MENTION] .. i don't know man .. having second thoughs about it he did ok .. his off ball movements have improved thus he finds himself in threatening positions .. but still that's not enough , numerous times he looked shaky with ball .. there was 2 or 3 times where he just froze for good 3 seconds .. that's not a sign of a potential starter .. a barca player should show no hesitation with the ball .. especially after playing that long .. of course he can improve to be a rotational player , i don't see anything beyond that

I`m sorry, but I have to ask...what game did you watch? I understand that many of you don`t like the guy because of his past performances, which were terrible. But, to say that his yesterday`s performance was not enough and not a sign of a potential starter is just pure delusional thinking. He was arguably the best player on the pitch, besides Messi. Scored two great goals, had a few fantastic passes, was very involved in build up play and defending...what more do you want from the guy?

I`m not saying that he will put consistent performances like this, we`ll see what the season brings, but this bullshit about him not being good enough and wanting him to perform bad is just annoying.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He showed improvement again (2 matches now) but we are still long way from announcing him a great signing everyone expected him to be.

He was supposed to bench Rakitic, according to some. To others, a gradual successor of Iniesta. All of that turned to shit.

Now he is useful as backup option on the left side, we'll see if he keeps it up.

Messi983

His best game so far for us, no doubt about that.

Playing where he knows best. Hopefully he'll never play as a cm again.

Don't know about that. I think he could pull Roberto from last season and also start to play better at CM with improved confidence based on more playing time and with better adaptation to team. He'd most likely see most of his minutes at both wing positions though.

He was much less involved after his second goal, probably due to fatigue, and that's a legitimate problem, but other than that, he's been very good. The first 50-ish minutes were outstanding, and he reappeared near the end of the game. His positioning and movement was great, and his passing tonight was fantastic. He even had a few Messi-esque screamer passes. Also scored two goals, what more can you ask for?

It's only start of the season, he's not 100% yet. But overall I think he improved both mentally and physically and will even more now when club is taking care of his diet. I don't expect him to play 90 minutes every game and we probably won't need him to do that, but he could play 60-70 minutes on high level and/or be a good option from the bench when needed.

looked good, i always thought he played in the front 3 at atleti so i was kinda surprised when we stuck him as a CM last season.

Well, we didn't really have much options in midfield last season so it's understandable he played there. This season with Denis, Gomes and healthy Rafinha it could be different. But injuries will happen so we could again see him in midfield. We've only played two official games so far but already had 3 (luckily minor) injuries and if that continues our improved bench/depth will be proven a lot this season. If Arda will continue to play like he has so far this preseason and especially yesterday consistently throughout the season then he'd also be like a new signing. I've always believed in him and thought he'll prove doubters and haters wrong if given a fair chance, now I'm even more convinced in that.

serghei

I think with the squad we have, Lucho needs to rotate a lot. We basically played Arda, Suarez, Gomes, Digne, Umtiti, Munir and Aleix Vidal, which is about 7 players who are not usually starters and just beat Sevilla 3-0. We can rest pretty much everyone if we want to now. Arriving in sharp form in april - may shouldn't be a problem this season, as it was in the last campaign.

Wick

He showed improvement again (2 matches now) but we are still long way from announcing him a great signing everyone expected him to be.

He was supposed to bench Rakitic, according to some. To others, a gradual successor of Iniesta. All of that turned to shit.

Now he is useful as backup option on the left side, we'll see if he keeps it up.

Agreed. He has failed massively at being a CM/AM, and now we're trying to get something out of him. If that's being Neymar's (very expensive) backup, so be it. At least he'll get some minutes to put on his resume, which perhaps can work in Barca's advantage come summer 2017.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I think with the squad we have, Lucho needs to rotate a lot. We basically played Arda, Suarez, Gomes, Digne, Umtiti, Munir and Aleix Vidal, which is about 7 players who are not usually starters and just beat Sevilla 3-0. We can rest pretty much everyone if we want to now. Arriving in sharp form in april - may shouldn't be a problem this season, as it was in the last campaign.

Sevilla was a mess tbf, but I agree. Players are more than good enough to rotate a lot.

BBZ8800

There is still a chance that we will rotate defense and midfield and have fresh players in spring.
But what about MSN?
Messi never wants to miss a game.
Neymar will also get angry.

We have a nice depth in midfield and defense.
But that means nothing if Messi and whole MSN will burn all energy till spring, which is also very likely.

I hope that Lucho will bench/rotate MSN also.
But how to do that without getting them angry, that is a huge question.

Home of Barca Fans