Arda Turan

kilian

I knew this year he'd come out like the Arda we all know and love. Very happy to see him back to his best.

I think it`s too early to jump to conclusions like this. He played good in two games, that`s not enough to say that he is back to his best. We`ll see after 15-20 games. But I definitely like his current performances and hope that he can continue like that.

ini4ever

I knew this year he'd come out like the Arda we all know and love. Very happy to see him back to his best.

Back to his best, but at which position ? He performs better as winger not midfielder ( though he's not a true winger ) and the LW's spot is clearly for Ney unless he gets injured or something else that let Arda play at the position he would do things better at least.

zanela

He's not a true winger, he's a midfielder but against a deep block which Barcelona face quite often he can play there and stretch defenses with his dribbling rather than any pace (Which there is precious little)

That was my conviction too when we bought him. Had an extensive discussion with a mod on a diff form to this effect. So I kinda feel vindicated with his recent performances.

Promising competition for Ney, but also capable back up in case of injury if he keeps it up.

Stric

The RM, LM and RW spots are taken, too. Whichever spot Arda has his mind set on, he's gonna have to overtake a starter to get it, or be a rotation player.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
That was my conviction too when we bought him. Had an extensive discussion with a mod on a diff form to this effect. So I kinda feel vindicated with his recent performances.

Promising competition for Ney, but also capable back up in case of injury if he keeps it up.

Definitely, it just seems he will rarely play ahead of Neymar which makes his place in the squad fairly anonymous for a player of his fee/stature. I'd prefer a true winger option there

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Definitely, it just seems he will rarely play ahead of Neymar which makes his place in the squad fairly anonymous for a player of his fee/stature. I'd prefer a true winger option there

Maybe we don't really need a "true winger" option since 90% of the teams we face sit back and defend. Pedro was a true winger, you do remember how useful he was his last 2-3 seasons against parked busses? I'm not a fan of Arda, but his last 2 games have been more than OK and I actually see a place for him in Barca if he keeps it up, but I agree that being a rotation player of his fee/stature is maybe not the best solution. But I do see him as an impact player when we need to score a goal + Ney was playing very bad 1/3 of last season. Arda could also play in Messi's position if (god forbid) he gets injured and also AM. Since we can't sell him anyway it seems, we might as well give him a try :lol:

serghei

There was never an intention to sell him, so it's more like we don't want to sell him than we "can't" sell him, because Lucho rates Arda. And we absolutely need rotational players like that, wasn't that the whole point when we talked about having squad depth? Having depth means you put in players like Turan or Andre Gomes or Denis Suarez, just like Madrid puts in players like Morata and Isco and James. Now all of a sudden it's wrong to have 40m. players as options?

Home of Barca Fans