Arda Turan

El Flaco

Who has the last word is Enrique, the coach. My post was more about Bartomeu speaking bs, as usual.

Not because it's gonna happen anyway but it's still Arda's decision if he want to be loaned out or stay to adapt Barca's playing style.

I agree with you about Barto speaking bs.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Arda Turan: "We are in the best team in the World. Barça is like a big family. It's incredible."

Arda Turan: "We are in the best team in the World. Barça is like a big family. It's incredible."

Arda Turan: "Turkey has its eyes on me, I'm an example of how you get to a great club with hard work."

Arda Turan: "Being here shows that I can play for this team, and I want my opponents to suffer Barça's style of play."

Arda Turan: "But now that I'm at Barça I'll try my hardest, I'll try to win all those titles that the club, the team and the fans demand."

Arda Turan: "Luis Enrique has given me lots of support. I'm really looking forward to working with him

Arda Turan: "I don't care about the position on the field where Luis Enrique wants to play me. I'll play wherever he says."

Arda Turan: "I really liked Luis Enrique's style as a player."

Arda Turan: "I loved him as a player, because he was aggressive, and I think that he still is as a coach."

Arda Turan: "We'll battle together to get Barça to win, and we’ll use that aggressively on the field."

F

Flavia

Not because it's gonna happen anyway but it's still Arda's decision if he want to be loaned out or stay to adapt Barca's playing style.

I agree with you about Barto speaking bs.
The one who makes the decisions about a player staying or leaving is the coach. If Enrique, for any reason, wanted him to go on loan, Arda would have to go.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Arda Turan: "I don't care about the position on the field where Luis Enrique wants to play me. I'll play wherever he says."

This is what we missed before lucho came and after pep left, players giving their all to their coach and the team. Suarez, Rakitic and Arda.... These are the kind of players that a team needs to be successful. Lucho should continue with barca, players believe in him and respect him.

serghei

The one who makes the decisions about a player staying or leaving is the coach. If Enrique, for any reason, wanted him to go on loan, Arda would have to go.

True. By winning the treble, Lucho is proven now, and proven managers get to call the shots. There's no reason not to trust him anymore. There were some problems on the road, but he has demonstrated he can improve and fix those problems. And now, he's the man in charge.

Last edited:

LordLichtenstein

True. By winning the treble, Lucho is proven now, and proven managers get to call the shots. There's no reason not to trust him anymore. There were some problems on the road, but he has demonstrated he can improve and fix those problems. And now, he's the man in charge.
"There's no reason not to trust him anymore", I don't agree, sure he -AND the team won the treble, but he still made some horrible and kinda amateurish mistakes last season, like at Anoeta.

LordLichtenstein

That's history. He won the treble, that is the most important.
You keep saying "he", like he was the only one who brought home the trophies.. I think you are forgetting; Messi, Neymar, Suárez, Rakitić, Busquets, Alves and Piqué, these players was arguably the best at their respective positions last season. Yes, that includes Neymar over Ronaldo.

Stric

Aleix is a fullback/winger, definitely not what you'd imagine a textbook defender to be. Anyway, I'd rather see Alba wear the 6, in a Roberto Carlos fashion. Or one of Mascherano/Rakitić.

Zangash

Banned
Aleix is a fullback/winger, definitely not what you'd imagine a textbook defender to be. Anyway, I'd rather see Alba wear the 6, in a Roberto Carlos fashion. Or one of Mascherano/Rakitić.

It's hard for me to imagine any defender wearing the 6 no matter what kind of defender he may be. That goes for Alba, too, really. Busquets wearing the 5 is only not weird to me because Puyol picked him for it. If anything, I'd expect Vidal to get the 2 that Montoya vacated or just take 17, and as sad as it makes me, Turan will probably get 6.

I can still hold out hope that Samper will wear the 6 one day. Douglas is unfortunately and arbitrarily holding onto the 16 right now.

Home of Barca Fans