Arda Turan

Horatio

You're welcome
Can someone explain the history between Barca and FIFA? Why are people convinced that FIFA wants to get back at Barca for some reason?

F

Flavia

Can someone explain the history between Barca and FIFA? Why are people convinced that FIFA wants to get back at Barca for some reason?

Many other clubs did what Barça did, and yet only Barça got the ban. Fifa is trying to make Barça an example. They punished he club and are still trying to find ways to do more. Blatter being a rm soci might or not be influencing it, who knows. Given all corruption going on there, I wouldn't be surprised.

F

Flavia

[tw]646670221550460928[/tw]

Apparently Fifa is still studying the case, and made no decision yet.

George_Costanza

We are right in this case, but its best to not piss off FIFA further, less thing we need is FIFA being made to look foolish by us bypassing their ban and them becoming more vindictive towards us.

the whole FIFA management will change after Feb election so who cares if we piss FIFA now, actually I'm all for pissing FIFA now so the new president will become an ally "enemy of my enemy is my friend". Most likely Platini will win it and he has the backing of Barcelona. Also Platini a big admirer of Barcelona youth philosophy.

Horatio

You're welcome
Many other clubs did what Barça did, and yet only Barça got the ban. Fifa is trying to make Barça an example. They punished he club and are still trying to find ways to do more. Blatter being a rm soci might or not be influencing it, who knows. Given all corruption going on there, I wouldn't be surprised.

First of thanks for the reply. Is Blatter really a rm socio however? Doesn't he prefer Messi over Ronaldo, having ridiculed the latter in a Q&A?
I am just curious for proof.

dostoevskij

Fifa spokesperson: "The matter regarding Arda Turan's registration is still being analyzed." [ara] via barcastuff

translation: we found out that is it perfectly legal for Barca to register Turan now according to law and the transfer ban, BUT we are looking for opportunities now with our lawyers to still f... them :)

Sterlingfan2000

If Fifa register Arda now, they will be laughing stock of football.
First they ban Barcelona, then they allow them to sign players and then they allow Arda Turan to play.
So basically Arda Turan made a transfer despite transfer ban, the ban would be useless and dumb because it wasnt even a Ban.

CHance of this happening : 1%

Trickykid

First they ban Barcelona, then they allow them to sign players and then they allow Arda Turan to play.
So basically Arda Turan made a transfer despite transfer ban, the ban would be useless and dumb because it wasnt even a Ban.

It's incredible how you and others keep on spouting this nonsense. It really shouldn't be THAT hard to comprehend.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

That's where you are wrong, Fifa already are the laughing stock of football...

Stric

We were allowed to sign players, just not register them.

But Sterlingfan is right to some extent. If they allow us to register a player in September because of an injury, when you look at the whole picture, the ban would have been pointless.

Blaugrana Man

The way I see it, and I assume how FIFA will see it is like this. Yes, the ban was only for two windows, which has now passed. However, Turan and Vidal were added during that two-window ban, and cannot be registered because of it.

Allowing us to register either would not fit with that ruling.

Home of Barca Fans