Arda Turan

MasChe

yep he looked just like you described in the 1st half. Then got better in 2nd and it all seemed more natural imo

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
2nd half he had acres of space due to Valencia being man down.

I'm not saying he won't be great for us after he settles in though.

MasChe

It seems that Aleix is a much better fit so far, playing a fullback for him is not easy as he has to be more cautious about defending , but being a midfielder for Barça is something else so let's go easy on him

Last edited:

muratime

Arda doesn't take any responsibility in game, as if his all purpose is taking ball and giving it back to the most available guy next to him..
I don't think he gets such money for such basic game style. personally I don't really appreciate such players too.. they are average players and he is playing exactly like average.
he has all the talent but he seems like he doesn't believe himself enough.. he can play and enjoy along with messi, neymar and suaraz..
but he plays like a pussy..
always trying to be good guy, no risk..
one day LE will cut him off for a good and he will be searching for opportunities, that time it might be late..
wake and start putting show on the field Arda!!!!!
I wouldn't write this, if I wouldn't believe him by the way..

serghei

Arda doesn't take any responsibility in game, as if his all purpose is taking ball and giving it back to the most available guy next to him..
I don't think he gets such money for such basic game style. personally I don't really appreciate such players too.. they are average players and he is playing exactly like average.
he has all the talent but he seems like he doesn't believe himself enough.. he can play and enjoy along with messi, neymar and suaraz..
one day LE will cut him off for a good and he will be searching for opportunities, that time it might be late..

Not true. First goal he wins the ball back, engages Neymar, then to Suarez and goal. 4th goal he plays a through ball in the box for Suarez, backheel to Messi, goal. 7th goal, another through ball to Suarez and bang, goal. Directly involved in 3/7 goals.

To me, it was a very good game in which he showed why he was brought. He can win the ball back and he can pass very well in all directions. I'd say that, strictly as far as passing is concerned, Rakitic is only superior at long balls.

mesirmurti

İ think he is just try to do what luis enrique says to him. Cos i never watch him like this.He usually use his talents in every match. He is now just dont want to make mistake but he will be good. Especially he will show his quality in big matches like everytime he did

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
A midfielder coming into this team from outside the club always has the hardest transition to integrate, IMO. Arda will still need time to adapt, it's only normal

BBZ8800

We don't know what Luis Enrique asks from Arda, but there is a possibility that when Arda plays along Iniesta, that Arda's job is to be Rakitic no2. Hard-working midfielder, while other guys will create chances and goals and "steal" youtube videos.

Arda surely can offer more shiny tricks than he is offering today, but again, we don't really need 11 players on the field who will do shiny tricks.
We need balance.
And if Arda was bought to bring balance, then that's it. He won't do spectacular moves, he will mostly run, fight and cover for other players (like Rakitic who is often a semi Cm-Cdm).

For example, Rakitic also knows how to play as an attacking player. But we don't need that part of his skills in Barca. We need a hardworking midfielder who will from time to time show/use some of his attacking skills in build-up, link-up play or with shooting in some rare occasions.

For example, does this guy on this video looks like a Barca's Rakitic? Not too much...

So, Arda in Turkish NT team or in Atletico was one guy.
In Barca, who knows, maybe we will use him totally different.

For example, Mascherano came here as the best defensive midfielder in the world.
But he played on that position in less than 10% of his appearances...

Does a CB position suits Masch more than a Cdm?
Who cares?
We need him there and that's it.

The club is more important than any player. And it is a job of a coach to create a perfect balance out of our team.
Even though that will sometimes mean that some players will play on new positions or that they will have some duties somewhat different than duties in their career before Barca...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans