Are Barcelona strong enough to win the Treble this season?

Are they strong enough to win the treble?

• Yes

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Possibly

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Need more signings

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters

Barcafan 2304

Absolutely. Not only do I think Barca are strong enough, I am expecting exactly that - we win everything. Obviously, this will depend on many things and it could all end in a very different way, but I do believe this team will do it. Even w/o new signings. I really hope attack will work well. I hope for Ibra to have a great year, Villa to fit in perfectly, Iniesta to play a lot more and a little better than last season, Messi and Xavi to stay as good or nearly as good as last season. There's that DM 'issue' but, Busquets was very good at the end of last season (sucked at beginning), and youngsters can fill in if he gets injured/tired/whatever. I know Pep is planning something weird with fullbacks this year, but haven't followed that closely enough to have an opinion. I'll trust his judgment and consider that a non-issue. Pique/Puyol are the best. VV is very good. With a little bit of luck, treble is ours ;)

Agreed. Its easy to focus on negatives but come on, look at our attacking options! Messi, Ibra, Villa, Bojan, Pedro! No other club can boast such riches up front!

I

Iniesta6

We gonna need luck, but if the major players(messi, xavi etc) stay fit, it's possible..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca is strong enough to go all the way in all competitions but in order to win a treble you need luck. And a fair amount of it.
Pep will make one of the youngsters a "new signing" and not just another team player but an instrumental part of the team. Just like he did with Sergi and Pedro. And if we count on that then current strength of the team is bigger than it seems.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Barca is strong enough to go all the way in all competitions but in order to win a treble you need luck. And a fair amount of it.
Pep will make one of the youngsters a "new signing" and not just another team player but an instrumental part of the team. Just like he did with Sergi and Pedro. And if we count on that then current strength of the team is bigger than it seems.

Yeah, we were really lucky when we won the treble 2008/09, that goal against Chelsea was Brilliant though :)

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
There's no reason to believe we'll do worse than last season. There's continuity where it matters most - Pep is still here, the most important part of our game (if there's such a thing) is our midfield which functions very well, hasn't changed much, and could only improve with Iniesta back. We bought an assassin - attack gets better and there are more options. Defense is as good as ever and the team has added one successful year to its experience. I see Mou as the only real threat to the treble. Luck will play it's part as usual...

edit: forgot to mention, this is my application for PTC :p

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

There is this thing that happens to a team who keep their head down and play every single game like it is their last. They win. A lot.

koko

first 11 yeah its good enough couple of key injuries though and its curtains need a lot of luck to win the treble no matter how good a team is

Home of Barca Fans