Argentina

soul24rage

Seriously though, why isn't he in? He's been great for Roma.
I have no idea. Even the well-known journalists from Argentina are confused as well.

Some theories have been thrown around and I have my thoughts too

1. After winning the Copa America, Finalissima and the World Cup, it's only natural that complacency sets in and players might think that their spot is secured even though Scaloni warned them several times that we cannot be complacent. The majority of the people thought that Dybala will be in the squad and maybe this was Scaloni's way to send a message to the group that nobody's spot except for Messi and Di Maria and he won't hesitate to drop them if they do not bring a good performance.

2. Dybala has been Messi's like for like replacement. Maybe Scaloni is going for a different approach in which if, for whatever reason, Messi can't play, instead of replacing Messi with Dybala, Scaloni will go for a different team strategy by playing with 2 natural wingers and make it unpredictable for the opponents.

3. There are rumours that Dybala turned down call-ups in order to remain at Roma for some games and Scaloni wants full commitment. Out of the 6 World Cup Qualifiers so far, he hasn't played a single WCQ game and didn't play in the recent friendlies as well. Last time he played was the March 2023 friendlies, which is when the team celebrated winning the World Cup.

4. Scaloni might be planning for the future and doesn't think that Dybala won't make the World Cup 2026 due to his injuries and being on the wrong side of the 30.

I personally would have liked Dybala to be in the squad as he brings that X-factor but who knows. Only Scaloni can tell us.

Temptation

I have no idea. Even the well-known journalists from Argentina are confused as well.

Some theories have been thrown around and I have my thoughts too

1. After winning the Copa America, Finalissima and the World Cup, it's only natural that complacency sets in and players might think that their spot is secured even though Scaloni warned them several times that we cannot be complacent. The majority of the people thought that Dybala will be in the squad and maybe this was Scaloni's way to send a message to the group that nobody's spot except for Messi and Di Maria and he won't hesitate to drop them if they do not bring a good performance.

2. Dybala has been Messi's like for like replacement. Maybe Scaloni is going for a different approach in which if, for whatever reason, Messi can't play, instead of replacing Messi with Dybala, Scaloni will go for a different team strategy by playing with 2 natural wingers and make it unpredictable for the opponents.

3. There are rumours that Dybala turned down call-ups in order to remain at Roma for some games and Scaloni wants full commitment. Out of the 6 World Cup Qualifiers so far, he hasn't played a single WCQ game and didn't play in the recent friendlies as well. Last time he played was the March 2023 friendlies, which is when the team celebrated winning the World Cup.

4. Scaloni might be planning for the future and doesn't think that Dybala won't make the World Cup 2026 due to his injuries and being on the wrong side of the 30.

I personally would have liked Dybala to be in the squad as he brings that X-factor but who knows. Only Scaloni can tell us.
Basically not a single good reason there.

Absolutely shambolic decision.

There must have been a fall out behind the scenes. That's the only explanation.

KingLeo10

Merseyside police must be breathing a sigh of relief now that Temp is back to camping 12 hours on Barcaforum/Messi topics on Sundays instead :lol:

Temptation

Look at this cartoon:

When I don't post: Went into hiding.

When I post: Camping/Patrolling the forum.

This cretin is more obsessed with me than he is with Messi. :lol:

KingLeo10

Look at this cartoon:

When I don't post: Went into hiding.

When I post: Camping/Patrolling the forum.

This cretin is more obsessed with me than he is with Messi. :lol:

You should get your head checked. The only ones pining for you when you weren't around and posting 24/7 about you were Fati and Rassvet and Birdy (occasionally).

:lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

You should get your head checked. The only ones pining for you when you weren't around and posting 24/7 about you were Fati and Rassvet and Birdy (occasionally).

6 from 15 guys wanted Tempt back based on that representative poll last week, that's 40% so 40% of all members in this forum loves him :love:

KingLeo10

6 from 15 guys wanted Tempt back based on that representative poll last week, that's 40% so 40% of all members in this forum loves him :love:
60% (really 100% of all Barca fans) called him a troll, which is what the sewer rat actually is :lol:

The only ones who voted for him were his band of trolls, starting with you.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Dybala kept turning down call-ups then he made his own bed.

He's very replaceable for Argentina.

Everyone apart from Messi, Di Maria and Martinez are.

Temptation

Stop with your beta male bullshit, King "Di Maria is the best winger ever" L and try to stick to your disastrous Football takes while Birdy owns you every day. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans