Arjen Robben

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Robben was robbed of a penalty in the first half, and he was rewarded with a penalty with a dive in the second half.

Feel bad for Mexico. They were the better team in the first half, unfortunately played too conservativesly and defensively once they scored. Miguel Herrera's fault.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So every time a defender doesn't touch the ball I can just go down and it's a clear penalty? It doesn't matter whether he touched the ball, what matters is whether he hindered Robben's original intent/action and he clearly didn't; he barely touched him and Robben could have just continued.

Thank God Messi doesn't think like this or he would be labelled the diving king.

This.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some of the guys here quickly forgot how Robben was fouled twice in the box earlier in the game.
Deserved win for Van Gaal troops.

Richard.H

I just saw the replay and it's still a pen to me. I think Robben might've put his foot under Marquez to get it though. It's A PEN THOUGH. That would be a pen anyday in La Liga.

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
Robben was robbed of a penalty in the first half, and he was rewarded with a penalty with a dive in the second half.

Feel bad for Mexico. They were the better team in the first half, unfortunately played too conservativesly and defensively once they scored. Miguel Herrera's fault.

This I admit the first half robben did deserve a PK when Moreno got injured.
But the second one was not a PK. Marquez did not touch the ball but he didn't touch robben.

Both teams deserved to go through. Just hurts to go out like that.
And yes idk why the fuck we started defending after the goal. Good game, it hurts. Congrats to netherlands

Bertus

Yep. He shouldn't have played the defense like that. Especially since there were space counterattack.

Herrera needs to be more aggressive like when he was young:

anigif_enhanced-17232-1403643533-7.gif

Joke aside (it's really him in that GIF tho), I'm disappointed :(

Stric

Marquez stepped ON THE GROUND. Right in front of Robben's foot. If you watch the replay, you'll see that Robben had no trouble raising his leg and only decided to dive later, probably when he figured out he lost the ball for good. You can see the exact moment when he decides to dive.

Alarcón

Looks even more laughable here... He literally just flew over Marquez foot, how that is a pen is beyond me tbh

Marquez stepped ON THE GROUND. Right in front of Robben's foot. If you watch the replay, you'll see that Robben had no trouble raising his leg and only decided to dive later, probably when he figured out he lost the ball for good. You can see the exact moment when he decides to dive.

Exactly, thank you

Paganinisrvnge

I hate players who play in search of free kicks or penalties instead of trying to actually score. FIFA needs to consistently give yellows for clear dives.

Morten

Robben might not win ballon dor this year, but he is a strong contender for fallon d`floor, clear favorite as it stands now.

Home of Barca Fans