Arthur

Leo_Messi

Bossed Modric (still a huge joke that this guy won the Ballon d'Or:lol:) completely and made him look like an old grandpa. That was worth it alone. Modric should have been sent off as well. The amount of dirty tackles that he made after being schooled by Arthur, I stopped counting. Lahoz showing everyone why he remains the most overrated referee out there who loves the attention unlike that of every other genuinely top referee.

Our best midfielder by a wide margin even though Busquets had a good game overall as well. Rakitic on the other hand, was his usual self. Below average. "Amazing" that Rakitic is playing by default when preferably he should no longer be playing for this club let alone be a starter!

Last edited:

Devils

This guy destroyed Modric and Kroos by himself lmao.

Wait until Arthur and FDJ develop their chemistry, They'll send Modric and Kroos to the retirement home.

Truth hurts, dawg.

EdmondDantes

Artie is collecting a few admirers:

Mundo Deportivo

"Masterclass de Arthur en el Clásico

El brasileño volvió a ser el jugador más participativo del partido y se adueñó del centro del campo"

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...rthur-melo-clasico-barcelona-real-madrid.html

Arthur masterclass in the Clasico

Brazilian was yet again the the most involved player in the game and owned the midfield"

-

Even the folks at - Madrid's mouthpiece - Marca seem to like him:

"El Barça de Arthur

Su gran partido ante el Madrid le confirma como el mejor socio posible de Busquets"

Arthur's Barca

Player's great match against Real madrid confirms he is the bes possible partner for Busquets

https://www.marca.com/futbol/barcelona/2019/02/07/5c5b69eee2704ef2b78b4604.html

-

* Save for my loose translation

-

Interesting reads, even if you use your browser's translator if your Spanish is a bit rusty.

ronniecro

his development is astonishing. still,my only remark is that he tends to hold the ball on or two seconds too long at some situations but i have no doubts he will fix that as the time goes by

Arizona Scott

....I'd rather have Aleña play with FDJ and Arthur. Way more energetic and better off ball, and looks like a consistent protagonist in midfield rather than fading in and out the way Coutinho does.

I am not saying Coutinho is the answer but Alena is a long way to go from being a fixture in our midfield. Arthur is light years ahead of Alena.

Fucking infuriating watching Modric kick him around all day without repurcussions while Kroos got a fk everytime he sat down.

I was seeing this too and thinking Arthur could use some lessons from Busi on how to embellish fouls, and even how to fake pain (Carvajal and Neymar are probably the best/worst in the world at it). Then I thought as a young player with refs getting used to him better that most of the time he just plays on, a la Messi, Xavi, etc.

his development is astonishing. still,my only remark is that he tends to hold the ball on or two seconds too long at some situations but i have no doubts he will fix that as the time goes by

Yes it is. His work rate, intelligence and composure are very impressive. I loved how he played against some of the best.

My only nitpick of late is would like to see more vision of the 2 step ahead penetrating pass to create scoring opps. What we see from Messi and Busi, used to see from Xavi. But that is a bonus and not what we should expect from him now. Right now he is doing the basic things exceptionally (I think I'll work on getting the Cruyff quote that essentially references this as key to football in my signature line) and providing energy without losing discipline--he is a fixture to the team doing what he is doing already. Totally amazing considering he hasn't had a full year in Europe--passing every test so far.

Home of Barca Fans