Arturo Vidal

serghei

So Bayern are buying players without asking Pep first? Or what? Or it's like a "these are the players we want, you figure a way to work with them or you're out" thing. That's not a vote of confidence for Pep if it's true.

Drexl

It's funny how people are underestimating Arda. He's easily been my favorite AM player over the past few seasons - much more so than Koke, who's been recieving most of the praise in here. Add to that the fact that he seems to be tailormade for Lucho's Barca, through his great technique on the ball and fierce competetiveness.

Ah well, I suppose people will see once he gets going... Bloody hell, 2016 is far away right now.

Of course, people who'll be expecting faux badass haircuts and drunk driving, will probably be left seriously disappointed.

Amen. Sometimes people really don't understand simple things like football. But if a gelly diver got 3 Ballon d'Ors, you can expect everything.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

So Bayern are buying players without asking Pep first? Or what? Or it's like a "these are the players we want, you figure a way to work with them or you're out" thing. That's not a vote of confidence for Pep if it's true.

I'm fairly sure that they asked him first... who would buy players the coach would intuitively refuse to play? Oh, yeah, right. Uncle Fio.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

3rd year in a row to concede at least 5 vs La Liga teams incoming ;)

I still don't remember the result of Real's officially easiest-road-to-a-CL-final-ever, I thought you were the one who could enlighten me. Still waiting for your reply.

But I do still remember a certain La Liga final in the making only a few years ago, which didn't quite happen, as people thought it would. I don't recall, who was the big favorite in that one semi, mighty Real or... what was those guys names again? BVB?

Also, why do you say "at least five"? Was there a time when Bayern conceded more than five?

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I still don't remember the result of Real's officially easiest-road-to-a-CL-final-ever, I thought you were the one who could enlighten me. Still waiting for your reply.

But I do still remember a certain La Liga final in the making only a few years ago, which didn't quite happen, as people thought it would. I don't recall, who was the big favorite in that one semi, mighty Real or... what was those guys names again? BVB?

Also, why do you say "at least five"? Was there a time when Bayern conceded more than five?

You love getting off topic,don't you? I'm not talking about BvB not am I talking about Juventus. I'm talking about Bayern,Barca & RM. Bayern conceded 5 vs both of them .

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Yes, so? If you recall, you were the one who started belitteling Bayern and made Benitez-Real favorite to win the CL next to Barca. A Real, who regularly fail to beat even the easiest competition available in the pot, even with better managers at the helm than the current one.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Yes, so? If you recall, you were the one who started belitteling Bayern and made Benitez-Real favorite to win the CL next to Barca. A Real, who regularly fail to beat even the easiest competition available in the pot, even with better managers at the helm than the current one.

You mean Real Madrid who made at least semi-finals of Champions League 5 seasons in a row? Clueless.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You mean Real Madrid who made at least semi-finals of Champions League 5 seasons in a row? Clueless.

Which is of course much better than Bayern's 4 in a row with 3 finals in 6 years, which is reason enough for you to belittle them and predict a QF exit, right? Your argumentation is "clueless".

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Which is of course much better than Bayern's 4 in a row with 3 finals in 6 years, which is reason enough for you to belittle them and predict a QF exit, right? Your argumentation is "clueless".

When did I predict a QF exit for Bayern ? You're either high or just don't know how to argue.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

When did I predict a QF exit for Bayern ? You're either high or just don't know how to argue.

Or maybe option 3, I merely misremembered/wrongly added said one detail regarding your original posting, in which you declared Real to be one of the two favorites to win the CL, while at the same time declaring Bayern not to be a favorite at all.
As a Real "fan" of all clubs, you really should know better than to belittle Bayern.

btw, very funny how you make the charge of me not knowing how to argue, while your own arguments and attempts to refute opposing challenges and points bare little to no logic or coherence at all.

Anyways, we should stop derailing the thread any further with this pissing contest. I will refrain from further answers on the issue at hand. Actually, it will be best if I go back to my bf hiatus, I think.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
saying that vidal is a better player doesn't mean i'm underestimating arda. i've been familiar with arda since euro 2008 and he's a great player. i still don't get why people are comparing though, they have totally different playing styles.

if anyone is being understimated it is vidal. he is the best midfielder of his type, but you judge him because he has a crazy haircut. i bet you were judging neymar for the same thing a couple of years back...

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Vidal is a nutcase and it doesn't seem like he's growing out of it - on the contrary, it just seems like he's becoming an even bigger nutcase.
Bayern are slowly falling apart imo, some signings that haven't clicked, lots of injuries (and fired fitness coaches), Robben + Ribbery are getting older and are injury prone and on top of that it seems like Pep is falling out. Don't get me wrong, he's taken them to 2 semi finals which of course is a very good result - but I don't even think they will reach the semi's next season. Vidal might add some extra muscle and he's a quality player most of the time, but a ticking bomb I wouldn't like to have on my team.

Home of Barca Fans